Potato dumplings with breadcrumbs and chicken legs
Prepare the dumplings : put the peeled potatoes in the water with salt. Cut the bread into cubes and fry in a Teflon pan in a little butter. After the potatoes have boiled, put them under a stream of cold water and clean them, press them and leave them to cool. When they are cold, add the egg, salt and pepper and the soft butter, mix well, then add the flour with the starch, and obtain a fluffy and sticky dough. If it is too soft, add more flour.
With a wet hand, form dough balls and place a cube of toast in the middle. Boil in salted water for about 10-15 minutes, until it rises to the surface. Remove from the water with a spatula with holes.
Put a little butter in a Teflon pan and when it has melted, add the breadcrumbs to the frying pan, chew from time to time so that it does not burn. When it gets a brown color, add the dumplings and mix lightly so that they do not crumble, and the breadcrumbs stick to them. Place on a plate until ready to serve.
thighs: wash well, then season with delicate, and paprika. Meanwhile, clean the onions, cut the julienne, clean the garlic and cut it into small cubes and add it over the thighs, and mix well.
The legs, with all their composition, are placed in a tray greased with butter, water and wine are added and placed in the oven, until lightly browned on top.
Wash the meat and cook for about 40 minutes. Add the finely chopped vegetables (I give them to the food processor until they become pasta). Towards the end, put the delicacy and the noodles. Make the dumpling composition separately: beat the egg well, put the baking powder and semolina until it comes out as a thick composition.
Take with a teaspoon that is first passed through cold water each time, a little composition and put in soup. When the composition is finished, turn off the stove for 1-2 minutes to calm the soup. Then he lets go again. Repeat 3-4 times and then let it simmer until the dumplings are ready. When serving, you can garnish with parsley.
Try this video recipe too
That's right plum dumplings Were some of the sweets you ate most often and with the greatest pleasure as a child? That was the case with me.
There is no autumn without a portion of dumplings with plums and it does not exist even now. I make them every year, following my mother's recipe for dumplings with plums and semolina.
They come out very fluffy due to the semolina, and so good that I always stop only after the third galusca. Because I really like all the dumpling dough, I fill them with pretty small plum halves and I always eat the plum before, to stop what I like at the end, that is the crispy dough and breadcrumbs.
I stayed with this habit since childhood. Cristi prefers a balance between dough and plums so I made some dumplings with small plum halves and the others with larger plum halves.
Plum dumplings are known in some parts of the country as gomboti or knedle with plums. The dumpling dough is made from potatoes, flour, semolina, eggs and is usually stuffed with plums. I also ate apricot dumplings, they are delicious and very fragrant.
For the apricot dumpling dough, Grandma used a cow's cheese dough, similar to the dough for boiled papansi.
After boiling, roll the dumplings in a mixture of breadcrumbs fried in butter and sugar.
The sugar is always added after we turn off the heat, in the hot breadcrumbs, and mix well.
What kind of potatoes do we use for plum dumplings?
For some successful plum dumplings, we must use old floury white potatoes, by no means new potatoes and, likewise, I do not recommend red potatoes. Potatoes for dumplings should be boiled in their skins. If we clean and cut them into pieces, they will absorb water during boiling, and the dough will need much more flour to bind.
What plums do we use for dumplings?
I use Romanian plums for dumplings, they seem to me the most suitable for this traditional dessert. When I was little, I picked them from the yard and it seemed like the dumplings tasted even better. No matter where you get your plums, if you want to enjoy some fluffy and tasty dumplings, they must be well cooked (if you like plums as much as I do, try the recipe for Plum Cake and Crumble hazelnuts, one of my favorites).
And if you want to try a more original taste, try replacing plums with black figs small whole. Last year, because I had a lot of figs, I said to make a round of dumplings with the smallest of them. They came out wonderful! So tasty, this year I will definitely make a portion of dumplings with plums and one with figs.
I invite you to try your mother's recipe for dumplings with plums. It's very simple and, if you follow the tips below, it will turn out wonderfully tasty.
I look forward to you telling me how you felt.
Ingredients & # 8211 Plum dumplings ( gomboti) & # 8211 12 pcs. big
- 700 g old floury white potatoes
- 150 & # 8211 160 g flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 50 & # 8211 60 g gray
- 1 pinch of salt
- 180 g breadcrumbs (pt tablet)
- about 70 -75 g of sugar (for rolls)
- 40 g butter (for breadcrumbs)
- 6 plums
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar (for plums)
Preparation & # 8211 Dumplings (plums) with plums
- For starters, wash the plums, wipe them well and cut them in half. We put them in a plate and powder them with 2-3 tablespoons of sugar.
- We wash the potatoes and boil them whole, we don't clean them and we don't cut them. Boil the potatoes over low heat, this way you avoid cracking the peel. If we have a cracked skin, the potato absorbs water and the dough will swallow more flour. I usually boil more potatoes, if one cracks, you can choose another potato with the skin intact. After the potatoes have boiled, take them out of the water and let them cool.
If you have boiled potatoes and you don't know what to do with them, I recommend you try these Potato Pies in a frying pan or Potato Gnocchi and sour cream sauce.
- While the potatoes are boiling, melt the butter in a non-stick pan over low heat and add the breadcrumbs. Brown it over low heat for a few minutes. When it turns golden, turn off the heat and add the sugar. Sugar is always added after we turn off the heat. I always used caster sugar, not powdered sugar. I love the crunchy combination of breadcrumbs and caster sugar! If you want, you can add a little cinnamon in the breadcrumbs, I personally prefer only breadcrumbs and sugar. Mix well and let it cool completely.
- After they have cooled, we clean the potatoes and put them through the grater with small holes. Add eggs, salt, flour and semolina and mix. We will get a sticky but homogeneous dough.
- I do not advise you to add more flour because the dumplings will be hard after boiling. Only if the dough is extremely wet, we can add a maximum of 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of semolina. The consistency of the dough should be slightly sticky. Don't worry, the dumplings will shape without problems, if we have our hands permanently watered.
- We fill a pot with water and boil it. When it starts to boil, add 1 tablespoon of oil and ½ teaspoon grated salt.
- With wet hands (after each dumpling, we wet our hands with water again), break the pieces of dough and flatten them. We put half a plum in the center of each one, then we close the dough and give it a dumpling shape.
- We place the plum dumplings formed on a flat plate also watered with water. The dumplings will sit quietly on the plate, without sticking to it, until they are boiled.
- Put the dumplings in the pot, 3-4 at a time, and boil them until they rise to the surface on their own. We don't boil a lot of dumplings at once because they can stick together. Remove them with a spatula with holes and put them directly in the breadcrumbs. We rotate them on all sides, so that they are perfectly wrapped in crispy breadcrumbs.
- Serve the plum dumplings immediately, hot, or let them cool. I like cold, but I never refuse a hot plum dumpling.
Take full advantage of these wonderful fruits!
Plums are not only delicious, but also very healthy. They are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, K, potassium and fiber. They stimulate memory, prevent heart disease and diabetes, fight anemia, treat constipation and are full of good carbohydrates.
Potato dumplings with breadcrumbs and chicken legs - Recipes
OVEN CRICKET CHICKEN LEGS
For the country and the people,
Put in the oven crust!
INGREDIENTS for 6 servings
- 6 boneless chicken legs
- 200 gr breadcrumbs (I used a ready-seasoned breadcrumbs)
- salt pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
WORK PLAN crispy chicken legs in the oven
- wash the chicken legs and let them drain the excess water. Then massage them well on the whole surface with the spice mixture (salt, pepper, paprika, oregano and freshly crushed garlic).
- The next step is to pass each piece of chicken through the breadcrumbs. (I found a ready-to-eat breadcrumbs on the market, which I really liked. But you can also use a simple breadcrumbs, because we season the legs anyway). Then we place them on a tray (which we covered with baking paper). Put them in the oven and leave them for 1 hour and 30 minutes at 170 degrees. I left more time in the oven because I wanted to get a very tender meat, which melts in your mouth, but also a crispy coating. As a side dish I had rice pilaf, but these delicious legs go great with many other side dishes.
Here are some suggestions:
& # 8211 Mashed potatoes with leeks
& # 8211 rice with carrot and ginger
& # 8211 rice with saffron
& # 8211 potato pudding (dauphinoise artichokes)
- A tip: these thighs are delicious, in my opinion, largely due to the garlic. If you are a fan, you can add without hesitation a larger amount. Garlic is well known for its many benefits and for immunizing the body. During this period that promises to be full of viruses, we may need to think more seriously about immunization.
- Good appetite for crispy baked chicken legs!
Chicken food with dumplings and potatoes
Saute onion and pepper, finely chopped, in hot oil, just enough to soften and the onion becomes glassy.
Add and continue to fry the thighs, on all sides, for a few minutes.
Homogenize with paprika and immediately add beer, up to half the meat, continuing to boil under the lid, over low heat, about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Towards the end, when the meat is almost done, put the peeled potatoes, cut into slices or pieces and season a little with salt and pepper.
Continue boiling by adding a little beer, if the sauce is too low, and when they are half done, put the dumplings prepared as follows: beat the egg with water and salt or beat the egg whites, gradually adding the yolk, water, salt. In the second version, the dumplings will come out fluffier.
Gradually incorporate the flour until you get a sticky, thicker composition and 1 tablespoon of finely chopped green parsley.
Let it sit for 2-3 minutes at room temperature, during which time the flour "swells". Insert and leave for a few seconds the spoon or teaspoon in the hot juice of the stew, then take from the dumpling dough, put it back in the pot to the bottom, so the dough will come off on its own and easily. Try it first with a piece, let it boil 2-3 times, and if it spreads, add a little more flour to the composition if it comes out too hard, fill it with a little water. If they come out well, repeat until all the dumplings are formed.
Continue cooking, over low heat, only until the dumplings are done. At the end, add the finely chopped green parsley and season to taste, salt and pepper.
Serve hot, accompanied by a seasonal salad or pickles.
Appetizing dumplings with chicken and potatoes & # 8211 the favorite lunch of the whole family!
Do you want to surprise your loved ones with an original delight? We present you a recipe for appetizing chicken dumplings. The technology of preparing these dumplings is a little different from the classic one. Get some universal dumplings, which can be both sweet and salty. They are served with meat or berries, boiled or fried. Today we suggest you to prepare dumplings with chicken and potatoes & # 8211 a hot and filling dish, only good for lunch.
& # 8211 1 socket baking soda
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. In a bowl, mix the butter with the salt, baking soda, hot water and sifted flour. Knead the dough with your hands or with the help of the food processor, until it becomes elastic, similar to that for pelmeni.
2. Give the dough a round shape and leave it in the bowl. Cover it with a towel (or bowl) and let it rest for 20 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the work surface with sifted flour. Divide the dough into two equal parts. Spread each part of the dough in a thin tray. Grease the top with butter, then roll it and cut it into slices 2-3 cm thick.
4. Wash and clean the vegetables. Put the carrot through a small grater, press the garlic, cut the onion into slices. Cut the potatoes into large cubes.
5. Remove the skin from the thighs. Wash the meat and cut it into portions of the desired size. Fry the meat on a hot frying pan with oil until you get a brown crust.
6. Fry the onion and carrot in another hot oil pan. Fry them until they are almost ready and add the garlic.
7. Arrange the meat at the bottom of a larger saucepan. Match it with salt and spices. Pour the juice from the pan, which was formed during frying, over the meat.
8. Cover the meat with the fried vegetables, then add the potatoes. Match with salt. Pour water into the pan so that the potatoes are slightly covered with liquid.
9. Pour a little oil into a small bowl. Pass each dumpling through the oil bowl and arrange them in the pan over the potatoes.
10. Cover the pan with a lid, put it on the fire and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Periodically take the lid off and mix the dumplings lightly so that they do not stick. Serve the delicacy with sour cream or mayonnaise.
Gray dumplings with breadcrumbs
Gray dumplings with breadcrumbs
As we are fasting, we sometimes have a craving for something sweet, my Grandmother, God forgive her, she often prepared this dessert for us to fast. I chose to cook it with Green Sugar& # 8211 natural sweet, but you can also use sugar.
We invite you to browse other recipes in which we used Green sugar - Green sugar recipes , but also others Fasting Cake Recipes .
Ingredients Gray dumplings with breadcrumbs :
500 ml of water
6 tablespoons gray
3 tablespoons Green Sugar - natural sweet (or sugar)
shock jam (or other green sugar jams)
Preparation of semolina dumplings with breadcrumbs:
Put the water with the sweetener and a pinch of salt to boil, and when it boils, add the semolina in the rain, stirring constantly. Let it boil until it thickens. Fry the breadcrumbs in a pan on a little oil, add a little salt and with a spoon soaked in water we break the dumplings that we will roll in the fried breadcrumbs.
It can be served as such or shock jam, pigeon jam or rosehip jam, depending on everyone's preferences.
Good appetite and have an easy fast!
PS: Instead of the sweetener you can use sugar, and you can add a little vanilla to the composition.
Dumplings with cottage cheese
Recipe for dumplings with cottage cheese, prepared with flour, semolina, eggs and svaiter
Dumplings with semolina
Dumplings prepared from semolina and eggs, used in the preparation of various soups
Potato dumplings with plums
Potato dumplings stuffed with plums, prepared with eggs, flour, sugar, butter and breadcrumbs
Dumplings with egg and sour cream
Boiled dumplings prepared from flour and eggs, served with beaten egg and sour cream on top
Dumplings with plums and potatoes
Dumplings with plums and potatoes from: potatoes, flour, egg, semolina, salt, breadcrumbs, sugar, butter, plums, oil.
- 350 g potatoes
- 80 g flour
- 1 or
- 25 g semolina
- 1 pinch of salt
- 90 g breadcrumbs
- 30-40 g of sugar
- 20g butter
- 3 plums
- 1 tablespoon sugar (for plums)
- 1 tablespoon oil
Method of preparation:
Wash the plums, remove the seeds and cut in half. You powder them with a spoonful of sugar and let them soak. Wash and peel the potatoes and boil them whole. Separately, melt the butter and add the breadcrumbs. Let it brown over low heat for a few minutes.
After extinguishing the fire, add the sugar. Stir and allow to cool. You grate the potatoes. The puree obtained, after cooling, mix it with the egg, salt, flour and semolina. Stir until you get a sticky dough.
Put a pot of water to boil and after a while, add the spoon d | oil. You moisten your hand, take the batter from the dough, flatten them and put half a plum in their center, close the dough and give it the shape of a dumpling (balls).
Put them in the pot, 3 at a time and let them boil until they rise to the surface on their own. Remove them with a spatula with holes and pass them through the breadcrumbs. You rotate them on all sides. Serve with sugar next to it.