St Patrick’s Day Mint Bark
Updated June 22, 2015
tablespoon coconut oil
teaspoon Betty Crocker™ green gel food color
cups very dark chocolate chips
cups green mint chips or green candy melts
cups white chocolate chips
cup green chocolate-covered candy bits
tablespoons shamrock sprinkles
bag microwave popcorn, popped per directions on package
Green sprinkle sugar (for popcorn)
Nonstick baking spray (for popcorn)
Place popcorn in a medium bowl. Spray with a light coat of nonstick spray. Sprinkle with green sprinkle sugar. Set aside.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place dark chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave just until melted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth, then spread into a thin layer onto the parchment paper using a spatula.
Place in the fridge and allow to cool and harden.
Place green candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir until smooth, then spread with a spatula on top of the dark chocolate layer.
Place white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir until smooth, then spoon tablespoon-sized dollops on top of green candy melts. Use a spoon to swirl the white chocolate and green chocolate together to create a flat surface on top of your chocolate. Tap baking sheet several times against the counter to level. Sprinkle with popcorn, green candies, and sprinkles.
Place in the refrigerator and allow to cool and harden. Break into bite-sized pieces just before serving.
- Simple Shortcut: Skip the first step of this recipe by using pre-popped popcorn.
- Make-Your-Own Bark Combos: Twist up the toppings and personalize your final recipe. Here are a few additional favorite toppings: Pretzels, mint chips, crushed malted milk balls, Lucky Charms™, chocolate sandwich cookies, Muddy Buddies™.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 8 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- Making this treat is SO much easier than finding a pot of gold.
Ladies and laddies, I know what you’re thinking: another holiday on the horizon, and you hardly have time to breathe – let alone conjure up clever party bites.
Well, have no fear, sweet one! We’ve got your St. Patty’s day party needs covered this year with the WORLD’S EASIEST GREEN DESSERT.
Not to mention, it’s the best. Just plum delicious. And minty. And festively green.
And it takes just minutes. And makes enough to feed 480,000 leprechaun folks. Or 12 large humans. Or 240,000 mid-sized creatures. Tell me that makes sense to you.
So, St. Patty’s Day bark. But there’s an exciting twist!
This bark is topped with popcorn. Sparkly green popcorn that adds scrumptious crunch and flavor to the bark. You’re going to j’adore.
So we're gonna make that first and have it ready to go. Just pop yourself some microwave popcorn, then spray it with a light coat of olive oil spray. A little green sparkling sugar sprinkled up top and you’re ready to rock this bark.
Now ‘tis time to prep your bark.
You’ll need chocolate. White chocolate. And minty green chocolate. Or mint chocolate chips. Or mint candy melts. Just get whatever you can get your hands on. You’ll want your lips all over it, regardless the specifics.
Le chocolate goes down first. This is really just an invisible layer to offset the super-sweet white chocolate layer up top. If you’re a fan of sweet-and-salty, toss some crushed pretzels or sliced almonds in this layer. It’s up to you.
Once it’s spread nice and flat, let this layer sit in the freezer and harden up.
Then spread a layer of melted green chocolate. And spoon dollops of white up top, swirling it gently into the green layer.
You don’t want to overwork the swirls. The green can be pretty powerful, mussing up the white layer.
Once spread, rap your baking sheet several times to create a nice, even, pro-looking smoothness to your chocolate.
Now green candies. Guys. You know what they say about the green ones.
You’ll need, like fifty thousand of them.
Then add more sprinkles.
Then add your green-tinted popcorn.
Now freezer it all again until hardened. It’ll take a good 20-30 minutes to make sure all layers are fully chilled.
And now, break it up. So you can make it up.
Or, you know, so you can serve it up on a plate like this.
Or in a bowl like this. Crack and snack. It’s so a thing!
Brooke blogs at Cheeky Kitchen, where she shares crazy simple, healthy family recipes. She joined Tablespoon to share some of her best, so keep an eye on Brooke's Tablespoon profile to see what she cooks up next!
St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Mint Bark
With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner I’m always looking for delicious, fun, and festive recipes. That’s why I’m excited about this Chocolate Mint Bark recipe. It’s simple and is ready in just a few steps. I love the holiday color and that it incorporates both Thin Mints, M&M’s, pretzels, and chocolate. A wonderful combination!
This recipe is sure to be a big hit for St. Patrick’s Day and for anyone who enjoys chocolate and mint mixed together and sweet and salty treats. It’s got the best of both worlds and is a festive and fun recipe that’s sure to get a lot of smiles. I like that this is one recipe that won’t take a lot of time, is full of flavor, and is the perfect treat to enjoy after school or for a party.
- 15 Thin Mint type cookies, broken into pieces (I used the Keebler mint cookies)
- 1 C. Mint M&M’s
- 1 ½ C. broken pretzel pieces (I used small round pretzels, but small stick would be good too)
- 1 lb. Wilton Milk chocolate
- Green & White sprinkles
- Line a 9吉 baking sheet with wax paper or foil.
- Spread the broken cookies, ¾ C. of the Mint M&M’s and the broken pretzel pieces onto the lined cookie sheet.
- Melt the Milk chocolate in a microwave safe dish stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Let cool 1-2 minutes.
- Poor the melted chocolate evenly over the cookie, M&M and pretzel mixture. Spread out with a spatula if needed.
- Before the mixtures ‘sets’ sprinkle the remaining Mint M&M’s and the green and white sprinkles on top.
- Place cookie in the fridge to set for 15 minutes or so.
- Remove and break into smaller pieces
About Tesa Nicolanti
Tésa (pronounced Taysa) is a work-at-home mom who enjoys blogging while raising her family in Detroit, MI. In between naps, Tésa enjoys writing about family life, giving back, food, tech, and travel.
Leprechaun Bark: A Quick St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Recipe
It’s almost March, and that means everything is turning GREEN! I had a little fun in the kitchen this week and made some peppermint chocolate bark – colored green, of course! I was thrilled with how easy this was to make, and YOU will be thrilled with how yummy it is!
This week, we’re taking a break from our traditional dinner recipes and posting anything. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that I automatically went for a St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
- 12 ounce package white chocolate chips or melting chocolates
- 3-4 chocolate graham crackers, finely crushed
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- ¼ cup ground nuts
- ? cup Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips (or regular-sized Andes, broken into small pieces)
- Crush chocolate graham crackers (I like to throw the crackers into my small Ninja food processor, but you can put them in a ziploc bag and let the kids crush them by hand).
- Spread cracker crumbs on a wax paper-covered cookie sheet.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a small pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until melted.
- Remove melted chocolate from heat and add peppermint extract and food coloring (just a few drops, until you’ve got the desired color).
- Pour melted chocolate gently over cracker crumbs. Spread with a flat spatula to get to the desired thickness. Sprinkle hot bark with nuts and Andes chips.
- Cool and break into bite-sized pieces. Store in a cool location.
Don’t want nuts? I only put nuts on half of my leprechaun bark – the kids like it better that way.
PS – want another delicious recipe with Andes chips? These mint chocolate chip cookies are to-die-for!
Today we are all sharing recipes that are 15 minutes or less, whether it’s a smoothie, holiday dessert, or a quick snack. Having a bunch of recipes that only takes a few minutes in your recipe tool box is good thing! Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Follow 15 Minute Suppers on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
and look for the #15MinuteSuppers hashtag too!
- from Around My Family Table from Food 4 Little Ones from Just 2 Sisters from Home Cooking Memories from Jen’s Journey
Head over to our #15MinuteSuppers Pinterest Board to see all the past recipes and more delicious goodness!
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
© 2014 – 2016, Food Fun Family. All rights reserved.
Lolli has written 3740 post in this blog.
I became a mom in 1996, and in 2005 I had my fifth. Yes, 5 kids. In 2007, this blog was born (my 6th baby that will never grow up) and I've been sharing recipes, photography tricks, parenting tips, and everything in between. (Formerly Better in Bulk)
Seriously, it doesn’t get much easier than this. This Leprechaun Candy Bark is a tasty and colorful treat for St. Patrick’s Day.
I just love it. So simple that even the kids can help. Make some for the neighbors, make some for your friends, make some for your child’s teacher. Such a tasty treat and perfect for sharing.
Don’t forget to save this Leprechaun Candy Bark on your candy or St. Patrick’s Day Pinterest boards. Also, if you’re not following me, you’ll want to follow me because I’m pinning all kinds of yummy treats.
Oh, and don’t forget to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day. Who wants to be pinched?
Looking for more St. Patrick’s Day inspired treats. I’ve got you covered.
If you’re in need of the ingredients to make this Leprechaun Candy Bark, shop Amazon. Remember, free shipping with Amazon Prime. Sign up and get your free 30-day trial.