Lasagna with vegetables, cheese and cashews
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add the onion, just let it soften and not fry. Add flour, fry for a minute then vegetable soup (water) and milk. Mix well to even out. Add salt, pepper, mustard and simmer for another two minutes. Remove from the heat, add the feta cheese and melt lightly .... cover with a lid and set aside.
2. Boil the lasagna and drain well. Heat the oil in the pan and fry the chopped cashews for 1 minute. Put the walnuts in a bowl and in the same pan add the vegetables, keep them on the fire for two or three minutes, then the garlic and fry quickly for another 2 minutes. Add the walnuts and remove from the heat.
3. Grease a baking tray (dish) resistant with butter, place a layer of lasagna, on top of half the ricotta cheese and then the vegetables. Cover with a third of the cheese sauce, then repeat the layers ending with lasagna. Pour the rest of the sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for an hour at 180 degrees. Decorate as desired.
And great appetite of course!
Vegetable tagliatelle with chicken and cashews
I don't like to make the same dishes. I was making vegetables in a wok with chicken and cashews, but I thought I would improve the recipe and something good, good and fragrant came out. Last night I had a kind of revisited Gong Bao chicken for dinner :). It also works for older children who can handle nuts. However, for children I would reduce the amount of salt and spices.
- approx. 500g chicken breast
- 2 zucchini
- 4 carrots
- 1 vanata
- 3 sprigs of green onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- approx. 100g cashew nuts (raw)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- fresh ginger
- Sesame oil
- approx. 70-80ml soy sauce
- salt (I use Himalayan salt)
- curry (I used Balti)
- chili powder
Method of preparation:
- I washed the chicken and cut it into strips. I put it in a bowl and seasoned it with salt, pepper, curry, paprika, cumin, chili powder and sesame oil. I can't tell you the quantities because they depend on everyone's taste. I mixed the chicken well by hand. I heated a little sesame oil in a wok pan and sautéed the chicken. Do not keep it too long so that it does not become dry.
- Separately, I heated a little sesame oil in a pan and fried the cashews until golden.
- I got the vegetable tagliatelle with the vegetable peeler. I cut the onion into slices and peppers into thin strips. In a pot (they didn't fit in my wok pan) I heated a little sesame oil, I added onions and peppers, and after approx. 3-4 minutes I added the rest of the vegetables. I kept turning them until they softened, but they remained firm, slightly crispy. I added a little salt and turmeric. Do not add too much salt because the soy sauce is already salty.
- When the vegetables were ready, I added the meat and cashews over them and left them on the fire for another 2-3 minutes.
- Separately, I prepared the soy sauce with garlic and ginger. I put on the small grater a piece of fresh ginger (about the size of a thumb) and garlic cloves. I mixed them with the soy sauce and added them to the food.
- I mixed well and served with gusto :).
In order not to miss the latest recipes, I invite you to subscribe to the blog newsletter and like the facebook page.
Leave an answer Cancel reply
About me (and blog)
I am Flavia, mother, wife, daughter, friend, full-time job owner and blog author.
I am a dynamic man since I know myself, curious, who likes challenges. And so far, I've had a few.
I started writing on noidoisibebe.ro in 2015. Things went further than I thought I could go and, in 2021, I decided it was time to make a change, noidoisibebe.ro to become flaviahirișcău.ro. I needed a space and a name to represent me as I am today.
I write honestly. I write to help, to share what I know, to give ideas and a touch of inspiration.
If you have any curiosity about me, if you want to share something with me or if you want to talk about a possible collaboration, you can find me on Instagram and Facebook or you can write to me at [email protected]
I invite you to enter, get to know each other and "browse" the pages of the blog. I look forward to seeing you whenever you like.
Sauce preparation: Put margarine in a pan, add flour, toast and soy milk and mix until you get a fine sauce. Add salt, pepper and grated nutmeg to taste. Stir for 10 minutes continuously.
Lasagna preparation: Mix the basil with grated walnuts, finely chopped garlic, 50 g grated soy cheese, olive oil and then pour everything into the white sauce. Cut the green beans and diced potatoes, boil them for 4 minutes, then put them in the sauce.
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Grease a pan with oil, put 2 sheets of lasagna, pour the vegetable sauce, cover with two more sheets, pour the sauce and so on until the ingredients are finished, the last layer being the one with lasagna sheets. Sprinkle grated soy cheese on top and put the tray in the oven for 20 minutes.
Delicious, right? Prepare this post lasagna and serve hot.
Simple recipe for "cheese" vegan mozzarella & # 8211 perfect if you fast
If you don't like cheese (or fast during this period), but you love the texture of mozzarella, then this simple recipe for "cheese" vegan mozzarella will be the perfect answer to your problem.
It melts like mozzarella, it spreads like mozzarella, it is vegan, you only need 7 ingredients but, most importantly, it is delicious! And you can use it for pasta, pizza, salads, bruschetta…
Ingredients for the simple recipe for "cheese" vegan mozzarella:
-60 ml plain, unsweetened coconut yogurt
-120 ml of plain, unsweetened almond milk or rice milk
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt (you may need extra for seasoning)
-6-8 gr of yeast (for elasticity)
-28 gr of tapioca starch (for elasticity).
Method of preparation:
Cashews are soaked in hot water for 1 hour or at least 6 hours in cold water, then drain well. Put in a blender, at high speed, together with coconut yogurt, lemon juice, almond or rice milk, salt, yeast and tapioca starch and mix until a creamy and delicate composition is obtained.
Taste and season if necessary, you can add yeast for elasticity, salt if it is not salty enough, lemon juice if it does not have enough acidity or coconut yogurt if it is not creamy enough. The texture should be creamy, delicate slightly flowing. Put the mixture in a small pot and put on medium heat, stirring gently.
It will start to boil and thicken. Keep stirring and you will notice that in 4-5 minutes the mixture will start to accumulate in the form of a ball. Reduce the heat to low and switch to a wooden spoon.
Continue to stir until a ball forms, then transfer the mixture to a bowl. From now on, mozzarella "cheese" can be used. However, you can cover it and then let it cool in the fridge and then you can divide it into small balls.
Optionally, you can make a brine, adding 10 tablespoons of sea salt in 480 ml of hot water and mixing well until the salt melts. Then add ice cubes to cool the brine and the mozzarella balls in the brine for extra flavor.
Healthy Eating & # 8211 Mediterranean Diet Menu
This is a menu model for the Mediterranean Diet that you can follow or be inspired to create your own healthy eating plan.
Depending on the results you want to achieve, you can adjust the portion size so that you fit a specific number of calories.
To find out what is the daily calorie requirement that you need to consume to lose weight or maintain, you can use the computers in the article: How to lose weight by counting calories.
Healthy Eating & # 8211 Mediterranean Diet Menu
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with oats and strawberries
- Lunch: wholemeal bread sandwich, chicken and vegetables
- Dinner: Tuna salad with vegetables and a tablespoon of olive oil + 1 fruit
- Breakfast: yogurt / milk with oats and raisins
- Lunch: Tuna salad with vegetables and a tablespoon of olive oil
- Dinner: Tomato, olive and feta cheese salad
- Breakfast: omelette with vegetables, tomatoes, onions + 1 fruit
- Lunch: sandwich with wholemeal bread, cheese and vegetables
- Dinner: Lasagna with vegetables and meat / cheese
- Breakfast: yogurt with slices of fruit and nuts
- Lunch: Lasagna from vegetables and meat / cheese
- Dinner: grilled salmon with whole / brown rice with vegetables
- Breakfast: fried eggs in vegetable oil / boiled eggs with vegetables
- Lunch: Greek yogurt with strawberries (other fresh fruits), nuts and oat bran
- Dinner: grilled lamb with salad and baked potatoes
- Breakfast: yogurt / milk with oats and raisins + 1 fruit
- Lunch: wholemeal bread sandwich, meat / cheese and vegetables
- Dinner: wholemeal pizza, cheese, olives and vegetables
- Breakfast: omelette with vegetables and olives
- Lunch: wholemeal pizza, cheese, olives and vegetables
- Dinner: grilled fish with vegetables and a baked / boiled potato + 1 fruit
If you follow the indicated menu, you will not feel the need to consume anything else. If you are still hungry between meals, you can complete the menu for a healthy diet with the following healthy snacks:
- a handful of nuts / almonds / cashews / pistachios / seeds
- 1 fruit
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup berries / berries
- 1 Greek yogurt
- a few slices of apple with peanut butter
Shopping list for a healthy diet:
- vegetables: carrots, cucumbers, onions, broccoli, spinach, kale, garlic, tomatoes, cabbage, etc.
- fruits: apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, strawberries, berries, etc
- frozen vegetables
- legumes: lentils, beans, chickpeas, etc.
- nuts: walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios (raw, unsalted)
- seeds: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds (raw, unsalted)
- spices: sea salt, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, etc
- fish: salmon, tuna, trout, sardines
- shrimp, seafood
- potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Greek yogurt, yogurt
- chicken meat
- extra virgin olive oil
- water and / or red wine
It is advisable to eliminate the temptations from the kitchen: juices with sugar or sweeteners, ice cream, sweets, pastries, white bread and any type of processed food.
If you only have food in the house for a healthy diet, you will eat healthy!
Before you start a diet, take the test proposed by the BBC to find out what type of diet suits you: [TEST HERE]
ENDIVE SALAD WITH CHEESE AND WALNUTS
This was my dinner last night endive salad with cheese and nuts, a suitable and delicious combination, absolutely to my liking. I used sweet and apple Gorgonzola but you can replace them with Roquefort cheese and pear.
- 2 large endives
- 80-100 g Sweet Gorgonzola
- March 1
- a handful of walnuts
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
Method of preparation endive salad with cheese and nuts
Wash, remove the endive stalks, cut them into small pieces and place them in a bowl. Add diced or broken cheese by hand, finely sliced apple and walnuts.
Mix the olive oil with the lemon juice, salt and season the salad. Serve with quick croutons, it's delicious. Enjoy!
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
You can adjust portions and food options according to the needs of your body and according to your preferences. But don't forget to ask a doctor for advice before following the diet.
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with strawberries and oatmeal.
- The lunch: focaccia with olives or pita with a lot of vegetable salad (salad leaves, cucumbers, peppers, cherry tomatoes sprinkled with oil and lemon) with grilled squid.
- Dinner: A large tuna salad with a hard boiled egg, sweet corn or lentils, arugula leaves, iceberg, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green garlic, with olive and lemon oil dressing, spices
- Breakfast: oatmeal (ie breakfast cereals, left to soak) with raisins.
- The lunch: Tuna salad (for example, what you have left from the previous evening).
- Dinner: Salad with tomatoes, olives and feta cheese, sprinkled with olive oil, pepper and coriander.
- Breakfast: omelette with vegetables, tomatoes and onions. Only one fruit is recommended.
- Lunch: o large salad with several kinds of leaves, tomatoes, onions, sliced pumpkin pieces, with cheese and fresh vegetables.
- Dinner: Mediterranean lasagna, ie cooked without meat, only with chopped vegetables, to which you can add diced mushrooms, possibly the composition drawn in a pan, with olive oil and seasoned with fresh and dried herbs
- Breakfast: yogurt with slices of fruit and a few nuts (cashews, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts, peanuts or pumpkin seeds or sunflower).
- The lunch: a portion of lasagna (left over from dinner last night).
- Dinner: Baked or grilled salmon, served with brown rice and vegetable garnish.
- Breakfast: eggs and vegetables, lightly fried in olive oil.
- The lunch: Greek yogurt with strawberries, 50g oatmeal and 5 nuts.
- Dinner:grilled lamb chops with lettuce, flavored with chives or green onions, lime dressing and extra virgin olive oil
- Breakfast: oat bran porridge with a handful of raisins, nuts and diced apple, cinnamon.
- Lunch: seafood - grilled octopus - with pan-fried vegetables (zucchini, thinly sliced sweet potato, eggplant, capsicum) and mozzarella.
- Dinner: Mediterranean pizza, made with whole wheat flour, in an extremely thin top, and on top with a little cheese, vegetables, fresh arugula and olives.
- Breakfast: omelette with vegetables, cherry tomatoes and olives.
- The lunch: two slices left over from last night's pizza, sprinkled with fresh extra virgin olive oil
- Dinner: grilled chicken or turkey, with pan-fried vegetables (zucchini, eggplant, peppers, thin slices of cucumber, small bunches of broccoli).
Appetizers with cheese and fruit
I am convinced that you had quite a few happy events in the family, some smaller than others with many guests and just as sure that some of you certainly wanted to impress with selected dishes. From my experience as a wife, mother, culinary blogger who cooks almost non-stop (what to do I chose a family of eaters) I can write that when you have guests and you are tempted to do something spectacular to impress most of the time you don't succeed and then you decide not to get complicated next time. Well, I'll tell you what the problem is always present when it comes to cooking, time! No matter how experienced you are, time does not let you go the way you want & # 8230and simplify, reduce the preparations, try to limit yourself to something simple and good. There's nothing wrong with that, but when you want to have guests take pictures with the phone of what you've prepared for dinner, you rely on appetizers. And not just any appetizers, but the wonderful cheese boards or, in Romanian, cheese platters where you are free to let your imagination run wild. They are beautiful, appetizing, colorful and give the impression of abundance.
Lilith Spencer perfected the art of cheese presentation and won the "Cheesmonger Invitational" in 2016 in San Francisco. "Everything is a matter of accompaniment. In addition, we must pay attention to how to cut the cheeses: in cubes, slices or crumbs, everything will have to be evaluated to obtain a harmonious composition ”. You can add on them fresh or dried fruits, raw dried sausages, greens, snacks, slices of baguette, depending on what you like.
These appetizer platters are in great demand in restaurants but also at more festive family meals when you have a bigger event to perform. What could be more appetizing than a platter loaded with fresh and quality products, accompanied by a tailor-made wine? Anyone who is passionate about goodies immediately notices and appreciates them and you will certainly receive compliments as a host.
It is not complicated to make them if you know what and how to put the dishes on them. Here are some tips and hints to create a perfect board both chromatically and compositionally
The type of plate used
In general, everything related to the rustic type is in great demand, because it is true that wood belongs to tradition and in our country it is deeply rooted. So you can choose wood choppers of various sizes, preferably rectangular or round. If you have a larger table and you have the desire and time to complicate yourself then you can buy a board of the right size that is positioned exactly in the middle of the table. You can also use slate or marble slabs, granite. Here is a suitable model for a table with several guests.
Never serve the cheese just taken out of the fridge, this simple advice is often neglected. A cold, hard cheese is less pleasant than one at room temperature.
Remove the cheese from the fridge at least half an hour before serving and in the meantime prepare the rest, wash and cut the fruit, prepare the bread, the rest of the ingredients.
Cheeses are the main actors, so you reserve the largest space for them on the set and place them first, then put the right complement around them.
Plan 3-4 types of cheese for smaller platters and about 5-6 if there are more guests.
There are a variety of cheese textures from creamy to very strong.
Here are some combinations of cheese and fruit and / or sausages (we chose better known types and the vast majority produced with us):
Soft cheese ie light: mozzarella, goat cheese, brie, camembert goes perfectly with prosciutto or dried raw salami, pear slices, sun-dried tomatoes
Semi-hard cheese: cheddar, gouda, edam goes well with olives, grapes, blueberries, fresh figs
Hard cheese: parmigiano, pecorino, asiago goes with apricots, plums
Blue cheese: gorgonzola, roquefort goes with pistachios, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts, honey
Serve the softer, creamier cheeses with a knife so they can be spread on bread or fruit. Hard cheeses can be cut into slices or cubes so that they can be served whole.
Chromatics and image of the set
In the empty spaces place ingredients that can be combined with several without problems: fruits, nuts, pickles, olives.
A little chopped pistachios, hazelnuts, almonds give a beautiful image of the plateau.
You can also add bread and / or biscuits: baguette, ciabatta, biscuits, croutons, multi-grain biscuits, water crackers, parmesan chips.
Cut some ingredients into long slices, others round to vary the shapes on the plate.
Put all the ingredients in small piles, it doesn't matter if you put a single product in many places, it is important that the guests have access to them.
Choose different colors and shapes of vegetables and arrange them so that the same colors do not sit side by side.
Look for wines with low alcohol content and higher acidity. Champagne, sparkling wines, sauvignon blanc and riesling are the most common.
From here you are free to create your own cheese platter which will definitely be a hit for guests.
If you lack inspiration in arranging ideas to find on the internet, all you have to do is choose a model. I have created a few sets according to my and my family's preferences and I leave you with confidence to be inspired by them.
In conclusion, a plate of cheese and a good wine make the atmosphere at the table unforgettable. Trust me, if you are preparing for an event, quickly make your shopping list and free your imagination!
For daily recipe recommendations, you can also find me on the Facebook page, on Youtube, on Pinterest and on Instagram. I invite you to like, subscribe and follow. Also, the group Let's cook with Amalia is waiting for you for exchanges of recipes and experiences in the kitchen.
Ingredients for lasagna with eggplant, tomatoes and mozzarella
Lasagna with eggplant and mozzarella
The eggplant is washed and chopped into cubes. Then lightly salt and leave in a sieve for 15 minutes. Chop the green onion and the 3 cloves of garlic.
Heat two pans with a little olive oil. In the first, fry the eggplant cubes and in the second, fry the chopped mushrooms. After frying, the eggplants are removed on absorbent napkins to get rid of excess fat. In the pan with the mushrooms add green onions and chopped garlic cloves and season with salt, pepper and greens (basil, oregano).
In parallel, slice the tomatoes and mozzarella.
Make a white sauce (bechamel) from 50 g of flour, a little salt and 500 ml of milk (plus the necessary butter). In a saucepan, heat the flour with the butter and salt and mix in one. The idea is to be hot but not brown. When it shows signs of sizzling, extinguish it with a cup of warm milk and remove from the heat and mix vigorously to get rid of any lumps. Add a little more milk and return to the heat to a minimum. Continue with mixing and adding milk until you get a creamy white sauce, creamy consistency. Allow to simmer, stirring constantly, and turn off the heat. Theoretically, the white sauce should be boiled longer (about 10-15 minutes) but in this case it will be boiled in the oven.
Moisturize the cashews in a bowl with water for at least 2 hours, so that they soften well and grind very finely.
Drain the cashews and put them in a blender with water, yeast, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, pepper and salt. Mix on high speed until you get a very fine paste. The composition will be quite thick, but continue to mix it until the cashews release their fats. If you think the cheese is too thick, you can add a few more drops of water until it reaches the desired consistency.