A Bacon Rose For Your Bro
Learn how to make a tasty, hilarious bouquet of bacon roses
A cool tutorial your pork-loving bro (or sweetie) will totally love!
Romance is cool, but for those of us who aren’t in love, it can get a little overwhelming come Valentine’s Day. Don’t let the mushy, gushy holiday get you down! There is plenty of love in your life from your family, some co-workers and of course your bros!
Forget the chocolates and flowers and stare in awe at the easy DIY wonder that is the bacon rose. In an effort to share the salty love, the National Pork Board is trying to revive the use of tasty pork in all aspects of life: from weeknight dinners to easy entertaining recipes. And who knew you could use bacon for an easy DIY project that will be sure to bring a smile to people’s faces and stomachs when they receive a flavorful bouquet. To make these easy roses, check out the National Pork Board’s tutorial for perfect pork roses in our slideshow!
From the National Pork Board:
“Looking for the perfect gift for a loved one? Forget expensive floral arrangements and spread the #PorkLUV by sharing a flower with more power. We’re talking about the most delicious flower of all – a bacon rose. No matter with whom you share them, bacon roses never fail to surprise and delight the ones you love most. Go above and beyond by following the steps below to share the #PorkLUV with a sweet and savory bouquet today!”
WHAT YOU NEED:
• 1 lb. package of bacon
• Fake flower stems, petals removed
• Rimmed baking sheet, foil-lined
• Wire rack
Air Fryer Bacon
Making bacon is messy, but necessary! Confining that mess inside the air fryer means no more wiping all the grease off of surfaces from splatter!
Recipe: Try this Rose Bacon Quiche recipe with your Valentine this V-day
They say there is 'no love greater than the love of food', and come Valentine's Day this love of food is best shared with the one we love. Given how the coronavirus pandemic has taken over the world, and although numbers may be dipping right now, it is still advisable to stay at home, and if one does venture out to wear masks, sanitize and practise social distancing. However, if you and your partner are one of those people who prefer staying home and enjoying a homecooked meal, this Bacon Quiche recipe is perfect for you. And if you prefer Kosher or vegetarian options, the bacon can just as easily be replaced with turkey and vegan bacon.
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Place 10 slices bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy and evenly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and crumble.
3. Heat butter and olive oil in a same skillet over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms and onion. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms and onions are slightly brown and tender, about 8 minutes.
4.Sprinkle mushroom-onion mixture, crumbled bacon, Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, and green onions into the pie crust.
5. Whisk eggs slightly in a bowl beat in cream, 3/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, sugar, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper. Pour egg mixture carefully into the pie crust.
6. Thread a toothpick through 1 end of 1 of the remaining bacon slices roll the bacon around the toothpick to form a rose shape. Repeat with the remaining bacon slices. Arrange bacon roses on top of the quiche.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Continue baking until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes more. Cover with aluminum foil if top is getting too brown. Let quiche rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy with your Valentine!
BACON ROSES + Dark Chocolate
Bouquet of one dozen stemless, old-fashioned maple candied bacon roses dipped in dark chocolate to form a dessert cup bottom that slides out of a custom-branded box to ensure the best gifting experience possible. Facts & Ingredients
Please sign-up for our email newsletter, located near the bottom of our home page for availability updates.
- Full Dozen
- Old-Fashioned Maple Candied
- Dark Chocolate Dessert Cup Bottom
- Custom-Branded Box
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Don't ask. I made a mistake with the shipping address & product is at the UPS distribution center in Olathe. On a 2nd retirement gift for my now retired Brother, FedEx reached out to that company right away & it was at that time, I realized my address error & FedEx delivered shipment Tuesday last week. I am still waiting to hear from UPS about my shipment from Manly Man. Your customer service record's showed that your product was delivered Monday at 10:39am on 04-26-21 & there was nothing they could do on your end.
How to make a bacon rose bouquet
Even Brussels sprouts and turkey are much more exciting once they're roasted and blanketed with the crispy and salty stuff. For Dec. 30, which is National Bacon Day (yes, we're aware that there are several holidays devoted to this fantastic food), here are 25 mouthwatering recipes that prove everything is better with bacon.
Al Roker's homemade bacon waffles
Have your family or guests wake up to Al's sweet bacon waffles so they can have the best morning ever!
5-Ingredient Carbonara Pizza
If Italian carbonara bacon-and-eggs pasta sounds yummy, imagine how awesomely delicious this combo is on a pizza.
Everything But The Kitchen Sink Baked Beans
There's no such thing as too much bacon when it comes to this side that's perfect for year-round entertaining.
15-Minute Bacon and Egg Fried Rice
Thick-cut bacon makes this quick Chinese dish especially flavorful.
5-Ingredient Nutella Bananas Foster Croissants with Bacon
This knock-out dessert delivers a one-two punch with only 5 ingredients. It also doubles as a super–deluxe breakfast. Substitute the bananas with pineapple and the Nutella with dulce de leche for an awesome variation!
Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burger
Pimento cheese is dangerously delicious, and when you add it to a bacon burger, it's a killer party dish.
Al Roker's Vegetable and Bacon Frittata
For this delicious frittata, Al cookies the veggies in bacon fat to give them a super rich flavor.
Lidia Bastianich's Spaghetti Carbonara
Perhaps a perfect dish, this pasta is simply made with spaghetti, bacon, eggs and grated cheese. Since there are so few ingredients, be sure to choose the best possible version of each for the most delicious result.
Cobb Salad in a Crispy Bacon Cup
Turn bacon strips into a crispy vessel for everything from this classic salad to scrambled eggs.
Savannah's Mom's Kentucky Wonder Green Beans with Bacon
A TODAY anchor favorite, sop up the bacon-flavored liquid with cornbread or another thick bread or go ahead and just pour the liquid directly over spoon bread.
Carson's Mom's Cloud Nine Mashed Potatoes
Crumbled bacon is the ultimate finishing touch on these ultra creamy spuds.
Spiced Bacon Crack
It's bacon, sugar and puff pastry — what's not to love? Make this treat for game day, or any get together.
Turn the classic BLT sandwich into an amazing pasta dish that's loaded with smoky bacon.
Slow-Cooker Collard Greens with Bacon
Long, slow simmering makes collard greens an ideal choice for the slow–cooker, especially when there's bacon added to the mix.
Kale, Bacon and White Bean Soup
Bacon brings a mysterious, umami depth to the broth or this satisfying soup.
Spicy Buffalo–Bacon Chex Mix
Perfect for game day, this crunchy snack has all the flavor of Buffalo wings plus smoky bacon.
Sonoran Hot Dog
This Arizona-style hot dog is wrapped in bacon and topped with pinto beans, yellow mustard, jalapeño salsa, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, grilled banana peppers and grilled scallions.
Bacon-Wrapped Turkey: The Ultimate Thanksgiving Bird
Don't wait until Thanksgiving for this bacon-wrapped turkey. The bacon blanket is not only impressive to look at, but it adds a deep, rich flavor and keeps the turkey incredibly moist.
Ryan's Heavenly Deviled Eggs
Dress up the party staple with bacon and smoky paprika — they're sure to be a hit!
Roasted Brussels sprouts with walnuts and Canadian bacon
If anyone you know is still a sprouts hater, serve them this bacon-roasted version (with only four ingredients) and we guarantee you'll have a Brussels convert on your hands.
Cheesy Bacon-Loaded Sweet Potato Skins
You'll want to make a double batch of these bacon-y beauties.
Chili con Carne
This meaty dish is loaded with ground chuck, bacon and smoky chiles.
Pepper-crusted ribeye with bacon and blue cheese butter
A smear of creamy bacon-and-blue-cheese butter elevates a juicy steak from ordinary to extraordinary.
Slow-Cooker Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
Make classic mac and cheese even easier with your slow-cooker — and even tastier with the addition of bacon.
Lasagna isn't just a dinner dish. Take quintessential morning ingredients like eggs and bacon and spin them into a breakfast lasagna for a satisfying morning meal.
1. Place a large, heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the bacon. Cook for three or four minutes, until the bacon fat renders and the bacon is beginning to colour. Use a slotted spoon to scoop out the bacon into a bowl, leaving the fat behind in the pan.
2. Season the chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken in batches (so as not to crowd the pan) for about four minutes on each side, before transferring the brown pieces to a tray and repeating until all the pieces are a golden colour. Keep all the fat that has accumulated in the pan.
3. Return the bacon and the chicken pieces to the pan, not forgetting the lovely juices in the chicken tray. Pour in the rosé, herbs and top up with enough stock to just cover the chicken pieces. Pop the lid on the pan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Once simmering, rest the lid on top, not completely covering and simmer over a medium to low heat for 40 minutes.
4. After 40 minutes, add the potatoes. Cook for a further 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender (push a sharp knife through them and it should slide in). Check the seasoning.
5. Once the potatoes are tender, add the asparagus, peas and radishes and cook for a further two or three minutes before stirring the watercress through at the end. Put the lid on and bring to the table.
37 Delicious Recipes for All That Leftover Bacon You (Don’t) Have
OK, we know what you’re thinking. You don’t even have to say it. There is pretty much no such thing as leftover bacon. Let’s be real. Once those gloriously gleaming strips of heaven hit the table, they’re gone.
But in the off chance that you ever do have a bacon surplus &mdash or maybe if you’re just looking to take your bacon game to new levels &mdash there is definitely no shortage of ideas out there. Like, did you know that you can actually craft a regulation-size football out of bacon and mac and cheese? Yup, you read that right.
There are tons of food bloggers who are practically champing at the bit to get you to try their bacon-licious recipes, and we’re happy to share some of our faves. Because from chocolate chip cookies to cauliflower, pretty much everything goes with bacon.
Rose Pork Brains®
Rose Pork Brains has been a Southern delicacy for many years and loved by generations of families. It is the only made in the USA pork brains brand on the market and has an easy pull top lid. Rose Pork Brains is often cooked with scrambled eggs. Rose Pork Brains with Milk Gravy is a Boone Brands product made in Sanford, NC.
Ingredients: Pork Brains, Milk, and less than 2 Percent Water, Corn Starch, Salt, Sodium Nitrite Contains Milk
I have been craving brains and eggs for years and my wonderful uncle scored a couple of cans for me from a local Tennessee and shipped them to me in Florida.. My NY father in law found your site and passed it on..happily I now have a case on the way to share with my brother!! thank you, thank you, thank you.
You guys ROCK. We love Rose Products.
I am soooooooo Happy to find your site. I LOVE brains and eggs. I grew up on them, and I haven’t had them since mom passed away. 5 years now! I went to Krogers and Food lion and they don’t carry them anymore. They didn’t even know what I was talking about. HA. Im ordering a case. Thank you so much! Cindy
Ingredients: 2-1/2 Tablespoons bacon drippings, 4 eggs, 1/3 cup whole milk, ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon salt, Qty. 1 – 5 oz. can pork brains in gravy (Rose Brand). Directions: Melt bacon drippings in an iron skillet on low heat. Add Rose Pork Brains to heated bacon drippings, add salt and pepper, stir with folk. Whisk eggs and milk together, Increase heat and add egg mixture to brains. Scramble to desired consistency. Serve immediately over toast. For a truly Southern dish, serve with grits and apple butter. Serves 2.
AWG (Associated Wholesale Grocers): Stores in TN, MS, LA, AL including Thriftway, IGA, Price Chopper, Rouses, Jerry Lee’s, Cash Saver, Price Chopper plus other independent retailers
Associated Grocers of the South: Stores in AL, MS, GA including Sav-Mor, Fairway, Grocery Outlet plus other independent retailers
Mitchell Grocery Stores: Stores in AL, MS, TN, and KY. Stores include Food Giant, Warehouse Grocery, Shop Rite, Foodland plus other independent retailers
Laurel Grocery Company: KY
Piggly Wiggly Alabama: Stores in AL, MS, & TN
Bargain Food Store: Pelzer, SC
MDI: Stores in SC, GA, TN, VA, AL, WV, OH, FL, PA, KY,NC including Galaxy Food Centers, IGA, Piggly Wiggly plus other independent retailers
Soups Everyone Will Love
Here is a great list of 5 soup recipes that we think are crowd pleasing recipes. Perfect when you have no idea what to make for dinner!
- is such a classic soup recipe. It’s so easy to make and we have yet to find a single person who isn’t a fan.
- because who doesn’t love chili? This is another recipe where more is more and we add a special ingredient that really takes this chili recipe up a notch.
- Have a baked potato for dinner, but make it soup with our Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe! We think the more toppings the merrier, but you do you and add as little or as many toppings as you’d like to this lusciously creamy recipe.
Love recipe roundups? We do too! Here are some others you will love:
- – All our best breakfast recipes in one place. – All of our favorite game day appetizers! – A collection of recipes that are perfect if you’re looking for something on the lighter side – This one is for all you shrimp lovers! – All of our favorite tasty heathy dinner ideas in one big collection.
You Might Also Love.
About Jenny Park
Jenny Park is half of Spoon Fork Bacon. She is also a food stylist and recipe developer. One of her favorite foods is donuts. #sfbJENNY
Niman RanchNiman Ranch
A leader in both sustainable and humane agriculture, Niman Ranch has been producing meat used by a veritable who’s who of chefs since the 1970s. The brand’s pork products are fed a 100% vegetarian diet and are free of hormones and antibiotics. While they do a dry-cured Applewood smoked bacon, our favorite is the uncured pepper bacon, which is the perfect amount of smoky and spicy.