Colourful vanilla and chocolate chip ice cream recipe
- Dish type
- Frozen desserts
- Ice cream
Perfect for the summer!! Make this easy ice cream without an ice cream maker. Use different food colourings as desired.
West Midlands, England, UK
1 person made this
- 250g icing sugar
- 75g chocolate chips
- 2 tins of evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food colouring as desired
MethodPrep:20min ›Extra time:2days freezing › Ready in:2days20min
- In a mixing bowl, combine the icing sugar and chocolate chips. Add the milk and vanilla, and stir till creamy.
- To colour the ice cream mixture: For one colour, add food colouring of choice to the mixing bowl and stir well. For various colours, divide the mixture between several bowls. Colour each one with food colouring as desired. Stir well.
- Pour each coloured mixture into individual freeze-proof containers. Every 30 minutes stir well and even out the mixture.
- When the mixtures are completely frozen (usually after 1 night) place each one on top of another. Smooth the sides with a knife or spoon.
- Leave in the freezer for another day then it is ready to eat!!
Can add fruit instead of chocolate chips such as blueberries or cherries.