Cake with walnuts, caramelized orange and chocolate
I made only one cake with walnuts and the second caramelized orange I prepared only with caramel.
All ingredients are removed in time so that there is nothing cold in the refrigerator but all at room temperature.
Sift the flour (necessarily) in a large bowl (in which we will knead. The yeast together with a tablespoon of sugar and a teaspoon of flour is liquefied and then left for about ten minutes in a warm place.
Make a hole in the middle of the flour, put the yeast, the salt on the edge. Then add the eggs, powdered sugar, warm milk in which we put all the flavors together with the soft butter (almost melted) and knead the dough well for about 15 minutes, adding a tablespoon of oil until we put all three.
Leave the bowl covered until the crust grows and doubles in volume.
Meanwhile, the well-washed peel of two oranges is cut into cubes and mixed with a tablespoon of honey and vanilla.
Caramelize the sugar (250 gr) in a saucepan, then add the orange peel and roasted and previously ground walnuts. Leave for two or three minutes and take the pot off the heat, then put it to cool.
We roll out the roll sheet and divide it in two, then cut each piece into five parts or six parts depending on the size of the vessel. I made a bigger cake and a smaller one.
Each piece is filled with chocolate pieces and then placed over the caramelized walnut next to each other. Leave to rise for about 20 minutes in a warm place and then bake in the oven heated to 180 degrees for 45 or 50 minutes or maybe for an hour depending on the oven. For the last ten minutes you can keep the oven door ajar or cover the top of the cake with parchment paper greased with a little oil. When we take it out of the oven, we immediately turn it over on a plate, taking care to gently peel off the edges with a spatula.
We cut when it cools. I tried the cake because tomorrow is the day of baking cakes :) so someone didn't have the patience and I broke it into pieces (see photo :)))
Babka / European chocolate cake
Have you tried this recipe? Follow me on @JamilaCuisine or tag #jamilacuisine!
Babka or European cake with chocolate, a super dessert that you can try for Christmas and more. It's the first year I make this recipe and I honestly admit that I was very curious about the result, especially since the recipe is different from our traditional cake. Babka is a type of cake that is made in several Eastern European countries. It seems to be the recipe that Polish Jews made known and that they took to America. There, this cake is very famous and is made with all kinds of fillings, but especially with chocolate or chocolate cream. It is a wonderful recipe, full of delicious filling and I find it even easier to make than the one we are used to.
This Babka or European chocolate cake is different and violates almost all the rules I knew from my mother. She kept the ingredients at room temperature overnight, leavened them hot and never added the egg whites to the dough. When I told him a few years ago that there was a recipe for cake without kneading, it just seemed like a very good joke! The truth is, she can't accept another recipe if it's not hers. Because yeast is very important, I used fresh yeast Grandma's secret. It never disappointed me, it is wonderful in any leavened dough and fortunately we find it in any supermarket. Ever since I discovered it, it's the yeast I use for anything and it helps me every time.
Ingredients cake with walnuts and chocolate
fried walnut cream with butter and mascarpone:
- 275 grams of roasted and peeled walnuts (procedure below)
- 350 grams of unsalted butter, 82% fat, very soft
- 250 grams of mascarpone (60% fat)
- 150 ml. whipped cream with 35% fat
- 250 grams of sugar
- 1 generous salt powder
- 1 tablespoon of natural vanilla paste (in its absence, use 3 tablespoons of vanilla extract or 3-4 sachets of vanilla sugar)
Chocolate ganache & # 8211 optional:
- 150 grams of whipped cream
- 150 grams of chocolate with 70% cocoa
- 25 grams of butter
Chocolate and toasted walnut decor & # 8211 optional:
Preparation Cake with walnut and chocolate & # 8211 countertop
The top of this cake is a sponge cake with walnuts, fluffy and tasty, slightly moist, whose step-by-step preparation can be found in the recipe already published, click here. If you want to accentuate the intensity of the chocolate taste of this cake, you can also use a wet chocolate countertop, prepared after the recipe here. From the ingredients specified in the recipe for the sponge cake top with walnut results a top with a diameter of 24 cm and a height of 6 cm, high enough to be nicely sliced & # 8211 transversal & # 8211 in 3 slices.
For the walnut cream but also for the chocolate with walnut decoration I used roasted walnuts and peeled as much as possible. Below I have described how I proceeded.
1. 350 grams of walnut kernel is spread in an even layer on the oven tray. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Bake the walnut for about 5-8 minutes, until it turns golden brown and we feel the unmistakable smell of frying.
2. Roast the hot walnuts on a clean, dry kitchen towel. Gather the towel and rub the fried walnut, without pressing too hard, so as not to crush it. Most walnuts will lose their skin from the surface through this operation, which will help to obtain a cream with a much more pleasant appearance. Finally, I put the walnut in a sieve and sifted it, thus removing the dried shell particles that had adhered to the roasted walnut kernel. On the kitchen towel, in the background, you can see how much blackish peel came off through this operation.
3. Weigh 275 grams of fried walnuts that we keep aside for cream. What is left we will use for the chocolate decoration (which, by the way, is optional).
Making the chocolate and walnut decoration
4. This chocolate and walnut decoration is really easy to make and has a visual effect & # 8211 and not only, being delicious & # 8211 very strong. I mentioned, however, that it is optional, because some of you may simply want a walnut cake without a drop of chocolate.
To make this decoration, I put on the fire a saucepan with 2-3 fingers of water and on top of it I placed a heat-resistant bowl, so that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the boiling water (bain marie). In this bowl I put 200 grams of chocolate with 45% cocoa, broken into equal pieces. I let the chocolate melt slowly. Meanwhile, I chopped walnuts with a knife, fried walnuts for decoration.
5. I prepared a sheet of baking paper on top of which I placed a ring for cakes with a diameter of 22 cm. It's really okay to be a little smaller than the diameter of the cake, it will sit better in the end. Once the chocolate melted, I kept aside 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts and mixed the rest with it. I poured the chocolate into the prepared ring. With a spatula, I spread it in an even layer.
6. Quickly, sprinkled on top the 2 preserved tablespoons of walnuts. I carefully lifted the cake ring and refrigerated the resulting chocolate disc.
7. After it solidified perfectly, I cut the chocolate disk into 12 equal pieces, using a long knife, soaked in hot water and well wiped after each cut.
8. The 275 grams of fried walnuts kept for the cream are finely ground. In a saucepan, put 150 ml. of whipped cream and 250 grams of sugar. Put the pan on medium heat, watching carefully. When it starts to boil with the bubbles, add the ground walnuts, all at once. Stir vigorously and keep on the fire for 2-3 minutes, then set aside and allow to cool well to room temperature.
9. Butter and mascarpone, well drained of whey, put in a large bowl. It is very important that they are at room temperature, I recommend that they be taken out of the fridge at least 2 hours before we actually start working with them. Add a generous pinch of salt.
10. Froth the butter with the mascarpone cheese with the mixer on high speed. Beat for a few minutes, until the cream increases in volume and becomes frothy.
11. Spoon by spoon, while stirring constantly, add the whole base of boiled walnut cream. It is important that it is not hot at all, so that the cream does not separate somehow.
12. After the cream base has completely incorporated, add the vanilla (vanilla paste, extract or vanilla sugar, but have an intense vanilla taste that will very pleasantly complement the walnut). Mix for a few more moments and the cream will be ready. It is a cream with a light color, very pleasant, very tasty, which is very easy to work, being supple and pleasant.
Assembling the cake with walnuts and chocolate
13. Before moving on to the actual assembly, I have one more step to add to the list of options: chocolate ganache. I used this ganache both for decoration and for assembly, to accentuate the walnut aroma of the countertop and the cream, knowing that the walnut is so well complemented by chocolate. For this, I heated 150 ml on the fire. of whipped cream in a saucepan. I added the broken chocolate in pieces (150 grams, with 70% cocoa) and mixed slowly until it was perfectly homogenous. I added the butter and mixed until incorporated.
14. The walnut top can be easily syruped, if you wish, with a syrup that will complement its pleasant aroma, for example one with rum or vanilla. I did not syrup it, this countertop already having a slightly damp texture. So, I placed the slice of the base for the base on the plate and covered it with 1/3 of the chocolate ganache, in a uniform layer.
15. In order to be sure of obtaining a perfectly straight cake, after this step I continued by fixing the base countertop in a cake ring with a diameter of 24 cm. I spread a generous layer of walnut cream on top of the countertop covered with ganache & # 8211 about 2 cm thick & # 8211, which I leveled with a spatula. I continued with the intermediate top, covered with another 1/3 of the ganache, then another thick layer of about 2 cm of the walnut cream. I tried to get layers of countertop and cream with equal thickness, for a pleasant appearance of the cake section.
16. I covered the second layer of cream with the last layer of countertop, pressed lightly and put the cake in the fridge.
Cake with walnut and chocolate & # 8211 cake decoration
17. For the decoration, I used the remaining walnut cream, enough to cover the cake. In addition, I used the amount of ¹⁄3 of ganache that remained unused and the chocolate decoration made earlier. From the cream, I put in a posh, to which I attached a starry dui, about 3 tablespoons of cream. Enough for 12 decorative hazelnuts. If the ganache has hardened, it should be slightly heated, just enough to become fluid again. It is then poured into a small opening pocket.
18. After the cake had cooled well, I carefully removed it from the cake ring.
19. I coated the cake in the remaining walnut cream, both on the sides and on the surface.
20. I carefully smoothed the cream using a metal spatula. I then poured the semi-fluid ganache around the cake, allowing it to drain easily over the edges.
21. From the walnut cream kept in the bag, I formed 12 decorative hazelnuts on the edge of the cake surface.
22. I placed obliquely, on top of each hazelnut, a piece of chocolate decoration with fried walnuts. Because I had a little cream left in my pocket, I formed another hazelnut in the middle. To my taste, the decor is archetypal at this stage and anything I would add would be extra.
Serve cake with walnuts and chocolate
I put the cake in the fridge for 2 hours and then I served it. A very pleasant thing is that this cream does not harden excessively, like other creams with butter. This makes the cake suitable to be served directly from the fridge. Honestly, I didn't keep it in the fridge too long. With a special occasion, this walnut cake disappeared much faster than it had appeared. If you keep the cake in the fridge overnight, it may be advisable to take it out of the fridge for 30 minutes. Maybe even an hour before serving! Anyway, it was a delight! One of the guests said that I stirred up all her sweet childhood memories. I didn't tell him right away, but I had turned mine upside down.
How do we prepare a super fluffy and very fragrant kulich cake?
For a successful Russian cake you have to follow the same rules as at Romanian recipe. All ingredients should be at room temperature, all be of good quality and be careful in proportions. I used good quality cake flour and eggs from my father's chickens. They had an almost orange yolk and I got a super color for this kulich. If you don't have such yellow eggs, you can use a teaspoon of grated turmeric. The taste will not be felt in the cake, and the color will be gorgeous. For oil I used Spornic Omega 9, a very good quality oil, 100% High Oleic. It is much healthier than usual and is perfect for cake.
This Russian cake has no filling, as does the Romanian one. Instead, it has a lot of dried fruit that is added directly to the dough. I used raisins, candied orange, pineapple and candied cherries. You can put any kind of dried or candied fruit. Apricots go very well, as do kiwis or cranberries. If you don't have shapes like mine, you can use cake trays that you line well with baking paper so that they have higher walls. You can use just as well a wallpapered pan. Let the cake rise well in the forms before putting it in the oven. Then it must cool before glazing it. Enjoy it when the icing has hardened with a slice of block.
Cozonac with poppy seeds and walnuts
Cake recipe with poppy seeds and ground walnut filling, flavored with lemon peel
Cozonac with fluffy poppy seeds
Cake recipe with fluffy poppy seeds, with poppy seed filling and grated orange peel, flavored with rum
Crowned cake recipe with cocoa filling, shit, raisins, ground walnuts and chocolate
Cozonac puffs of post
Fluffy fasting cake recipe with saffron and assorted essences (rum, lemon, orange, vanilla, cinnamon)
From this recipe you get 3 cakes of about 1.2 kg.
Make a mayonnaise from the first 3 ingredients: put the warm milk (40 degrees) over the crushed yeast, add the flour and mix with a whisk. Let rise at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the butter and eggs together. Add salt, spices and citrus peels. Change the target of the robot with the hook and add the raised mayo. Add the rest of the milk (still warm) and gradually add the flour. Knead until the crust comes off the mixer bowl. At the end, gradually add the oil.
Remove the crust in a bowl greased with oil, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for an hour.
As the crust grows, you can grab the filling.
Grind the walnuts (you can leave an even larger part). Heat the milk and sugar over high heat until the sugar melts. Add walnuts, salt, cocoa, spices, eggs and raisins to the hot liquid. Mix well with a spatula and leave to cool until used.
The filling can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Weaving and baking
Divide coca grown into 3 equal parts. Divide, in turn, each of the 3 parts in two (resulting in 6 coca bubbles - for each cake we need two bubbles). Divide the filling into 6 equal parts. Let the covered bubbles grow on the table (greased with oil) for another 15 minutes.
Spread each crust so that it forms a rectangle. Spread some of the filling in the middle of the rectangle and roll exactly like a roll. Knit two such rolls each, resulting in 3 cakes.
Put the cozonacs in the forms well greased with butter and let them rise for another 30 minutes. Put the egg cake on top and bake at 155-160 degrees Celsius for 50-60 minutes.
Cozonac with walnut cream and rum
They were special, why do you have. This time I made a cake. Fluffy cakes with lots of walnuts and cocoa, flavored with orange, lemon, vanilla essence and rum.
There are definitely many recipes but I find them. CAKE WITH WALNUT CREAM AND ROM - fluffy cake with oil. Add nuts, cocoa and rum essence. After rising, the dough is divided into 6 equal balls.
Each is spread on a thin sheet, filled with walnut cream and. Make yeast mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of milk, a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of flour. WALNUT CREAM WITH PEANUTS, RATS AND ROM & bdquoCOZONAC & rdquo laboratoareleremedia.
Ramona's secrets to the media lab. A thin cocoa top and two creams: one with peach pieces and another with Nutella. Optionally you can put raisins soaked in rum essence. For the nut cream, put the egg whites in a blender, beat a little, remain liquid, just add.
And if it's a cake with a lot of walnut and cocoa filling, it's close. A very good cake, with a lot of filling, soft and fluffy.
Otherwise Cozonac with Walnut
* For the dough, if you have sweetened condensed milk, use 50 g of sweetened condensed milk and 100 g of cow's milk. In addition, you also need:
-about 50 g flour + extra 1-2 tablespoons (depending on the flour used)
-2-3 tablespoons kneading oil
-oil for greasing the work plan
Prepare all the ingredients 1-2 hours before making the cake and leave them in the kitchen to reach room temperature.
Melt the honey over low heat, then add the mixture of ground walnuts, cocoa and sugar.
Gradually pour the milk combined with the rum essence and mix on very low heat until you get a thick cream. Set aside and leave to cool.
** If more milk is needed, add another 2-3 tablespoons. It is important that the filling is not liquid at all, but creamy and well bound.
Dissolve the fresh / dry yeast in the slightly warm milk, then gradually add the sifted flour, obtaining a dough with a creamy consistency.
Powder the surface of the pork with 1 teaspoon of grated flour, cover the bowl with a clean napkin and leave it to rise for about 45 minutes, in a warm place, away from cold air currents.
Add the sifted mayonnaise, lightly beaten eggs, warm milk and honey to the center of the sifted flour.
Knead until the dough begins to take on consistency, then add the sugar, salt, flavorings and continue kneading until incorporated.
Add the melted but warm butter in 3 steps, kneading after each tranche until the butter is completely absorbed by the dough.
Transfer to the work table greased with oil and continue kneading until you obtain a completely elastic dough, with a silky and glossy surface (minimum 30 min).
** Even if the dough may be sticky at first, do not add excess flour! You can use a maximum of 50-60 g, but not more. You can grease your hands with oil and continue to knead it. Along the way, it will become more and more elastic and in the end it will not stick to your hands or work surface.
Shape into a ball, put the dough back in the bowl, cover with a napkin and leave to rise, in a warm place, until it doubles in volume.
Turn the dough raised on the work surface greased with oil and divide it into 2 equal pieces.
Spread each piece by hand (not with a spatula!) In a 2-3 cm thick sheet and the size of the shape in which you are going to bake the cake.
Put ½ of the amount of filler on the surface of the sheet, leaving 2-3 cm at the uncut ends, then roll in the form of a roll, sealing the ends well.
Do the same with the second piece of dough.
Twist the 2 rolls.
Transfer to the cake pan greased with butter and lined with baking paper and beyond the edges of the form.
Leave the dough to rise again for about 60-90 minutes, in a warm place or until the dough slightly exceeds the edges of the tray.
Grease gently with lightly beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with caster sugar.
Put in the preheated oven, for about 45-50 minutes, at 180 degrees or until the cake is baked and nicely browned.
Remove to a grill and leave to cool.