Vanilla cream cake, apricot jam and walnut
Put the egg whites in a bowl with a pinch of salt and mix them until they harden.
Gradually add the sugar, mix until you get a shiny foam.
Pour the oil, the baking powder that we extinguish with the lemon juice and mix lightly.
We put sifted flour, grated lemon peel and incorporate them with a silicone paddle, with slow movements.
Wallpaper a 24/37 cm tray with baking paper, pour the composite and level it.
Put the top in the hot oven, at 180 degrees C, until the top is nicely browned on top and baked. It takes about 20-25 minutes. We do the test with the toothpick and, if it is ready, we take it out of the oven and let it cool.
Mix the milk with the sugar and starch, until the starch is completely dissolved.
Pour the mixture into a saucepan, put the pan on the fire, the fire to be suitable and mix continuously with a whisk, until the cream thickens like a pudding.
When it is ready, take it off the heat, cover it with foil and let it cool.
Mix the cold cream a little, add the vanilla, the mascarpone and incorporate them well.
We mix the apricot jam with ground walnuts.
Place the jam and walnut mixture over the cold worktop and spread it over the entire surface of the worktop.
Put the cream, level it with a spatula, and sprinkle chocolate flakes on top.
Put the cake in the fridge for 3-4 hours, then portion it and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
Method of preparation
Make a not very hard mixture, which is divided into 4 sheets and baked on the back of the tray. The sheets should not be left to ripen very long, they should take on a slightly reddish-brown color and they immediately unfold from the back of the tray.
- in 2 cups of water boil 12-13 tablespoons of semolina together with the juice from a lemon (even a lemon and a half).
Separately, rub a packet of margarine with 320 grams of powdered sugar until the paste is made (preferably with the mixer). When the semolina cools well, put a tablespoon of margarine cream and mix with the mixer. Then the composition is refrigerated.
Take a jar of apricot (or peach jam as you like) and mix with a cup of ground walnuts (but not very small), 3-4 tablespoons of cocoa and a bottle of rum essence and let it cool. .
Preparation: sheet & ndash cream & ndash sheet & ndash jam & ndash sheet & ndash cream & ndash sheet.
Powder with vanilla powdered sugar.
Serve after 2 days, when the cream and jam enter very well between the leaves.
Vanilla Cake with Leaves and Cream
Cake with leaves and vanilla cream
Cake with leaves and vanilla cream a tasty homemade cake prepared with ingredients at anyone's fingertips.
I made a combination of sheets, cream and glazes according to my taste and imagination and on the word that a cake delicious what I recommend you try!
Cake with leaves and vanilla cream-Ingredients
2 was white
7 lg flour
7 lg sugar
3 lg flour
4 lg sugar
1 lg cocoa
900 ml of milk
100 g of corn starch
300 g sugar
seeds from a vanilla bean
125 g butter 82% fat
3 lg sugar
100 ml liquid cream
30 g butter
70 g chocolate
50 ml liquid cream
20 g butter
White and dark chocolate flakes
Vanilla cake with cream and cream-Preparation
Beat the egg whites with 2 lg of sugar and the yolks with 2 lg of sugar.
Mix the egg whites with the yolks with light movements then add the sifted flour together with the cocoa, incorporating it easily.
Spread on baking paper in an even layer and bake in the preheated oven at 175 degrees C, for 15-17 minutes depending on the thickness of the sheet. After the sheet has cooled, remove the paper from its base.
Separate the egg whites from the yolks
Whisk the egg whites then gradually add 4 lg of sugar, continuing to mix until incorporated. The yolks are mixed with 3 lg of sugar and vanilla.
Mix the egg whites with the yolks with light movements then add the sifted flour, incorporating it easily. Divide the composition in two, spread it on baking paper in an even layer and bake in the preheated oven at 175 degrees C for 15-17 minutes in depending on the thickness of the sheet. Leave it to cool and then remove the paper from the base.
Mix the yolks with the sugar, vanilla bean seeds and starch, gradually add the cold milk and mix with the mixer. The composition is boiled at the right heat, stirring constantly with a whisk until it thickens. Allow to cool then add the beaten butter, mixing until incorporated.
The cream is divided into three.
Melt the sugar until it gets a copper color, add the butter, mix and then add the whipped cream.
Stir over low heat until you get a homogeneous sauce.
Allow to cool.
The broken chocolate in small pieces is placed in a bowl on a water bath together with liquid cream and butter.
Homogenize until we get a fluid glaze.
The glaze is prepared just before glazing the sheet.
Vanilla cake with cream and cream-Assembly
The white sheets are glazed - one in chocolate and one in caramel.
After the glazes have hardened, spread a part of the vanilla cream over the caramel glazed sheet, place the cocoa sheet over it.
We continue with the second part of the cream over which we place the sheet with the chocolate icing down.
Cover the cake with plastic wrap, place a shredder on top and put a weight on it.
Store in a cool place for a few hours.
Remove the foil, spread it on top with a third of the cream, sprinkle it on top with white and dark chocolate flakes and then with a heated knife cut it into small cakes.
Harlequin cake is one of the most beloved cakes with tender leaves and jam, which can be prepared for parties or holiday meals. It is made a few days in advance (ideally 2 days), so that the sheets become softer and tastier.
The good part is that I bake the sheets 3, even 4 days before the holidays, I assemble Harlequin cake two days before and let it wait in the fridge for 24 hours before making the icing and decoration. The more days go by, the better the cake. And, the very good part is that it lasts even 7 days (but I don't know if anyone can keep such a cake for more than 48 hours from the moment they cut the first cube to be offered at the table)
Harlequin cake it bears this name due to the decoration: a glaze based on yolks, over which the various variously colored candies are sprinkled. If you can't find such candies, you can use dried / candied fruits of many colors (pineapple, mango, kiwi, raisins, blueberries, cherries), cut into very small cubes.
Try to put many colors, as a clown's pants would look, because that's the idea.
Harlequin cake is a delicious cake, with a cheerful presentation, loved by children and adults.
The preparation method is easy, it will really scare the idea of sheet cakes. I assure you that there is nothing complicated, the sheets are easy to make, the ingredients can be found in any store.
The filling is trivial: just jam. The jams used can be fixed the ones you like or have in the pantry. The idea is to use 3 different types of jam, three different colors. You say, isn't it simple and fast?
Harlequin cake it can be stored in a cool room or in the refrigerator and is portioned before being served. It can be cut into squares, rectangles, rhombuses. Cut as you like, but not too large portions.
When my child was little and I was making this cake for the party his friends came to, it ended first. At that time I was not thinking of taking pictures and I regret that it did not occur to me to immortalize the dozens of gloves pointing at the same time to the plate on which was the Harlequin cake.
My soul was filled with joy when I saw them with how much pleasure they enjoy the cake and I ask for another piece.
Here are other cakes with sheets prepared by me, perfect to be made a few days before the holidays: Albinita cake (with bee honey leaves), Kati cake, Jerbo cake, Carpathian cake with chocolate, burnt sugar cake, cake with leaves and chocolate cream, cake with cocoa leaves and vanilla cream, cake with leaves and tomato juice, cake with wafer sheets, caramel and walnuts.
Here is the list of ingredients and how to prepare it Harlequin cake:
For the dough:
(tray 32 * 22)
500 g flour
200 g butter
150 g sugar
1 tablespoon sour cream (
1 sachet of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
For the filling:
5 tablespoons apricot jam
5 tablespoons plum jam
5 tablespoons strawberry jam / berries
60 g vanilla powdered sugar
Mix flour with baking powder and salt. We put the butter cut into pieces over it. Add the sugar, eggs and sour cream and start kneading the dough. When it becomes smooth and does not stick to the hands, divide it into 4 equal parts and put them in the fridge for 30 -40 minutes.
After this time we spread four rectangular sheets, which we will bake in turn, on the bottom of a tray, at 180 ° C, for 10-15 minutes. Grease the sheets, after they have cooled, with jam and overlap them.
We grease the last sheet of cake with the yolks rubbed with powdered sugar, over which we sprinkled the colored candies. Put the cake in the preheated oven at 200 ° C for 2 minutes, until the yolk hardens.
Let it cool, cover it with a towel and keep it in this way for at least 12 hours to soak the cake sheets. After this time we can cut it.
We can keep the cake for 4 -5 days & # 8211 if you last so long.
You can also find me on You Tube, with simple and delicious recipes. I hope you subscribe here
If you want to follow me on Instagram, I invite you to my page here.
Walnut cream cake
The other day I missed a cake from childhood (I still get nostalgic sometimes). In the old recipe book, I found this cake recipe with walnut cream. Rereading it, I remembered her extraordinary taste of walnuts, and as I am a big lover of walnut cakes, I went to work.
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoons water
- 10 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ envelope baking powder
- 10 tablespoons flour
- A pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare a rectangular tray (30X20 cm) - grease it with oil and line it with flour or baking paper.
Separate eggs. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and the 5 tablespoons of water at room temperature, then add the powdered sugar gradually.
Mix until you get a strong meringue. Add the yolks one by one, and mix well after each one. Mix the flour with the baking powder and incorporate it lightly, mixing with a whisk or a spatula.
At the end we add the vanilla essence.Pour the composition into the pan and put it in the oven until lightly browned (do the toothpick test). It should be ready in about 20-25 minutes.
After baking, remove the tray from the oven, let it cool a bit, then carefully remove the top from the tray. It's very fluffy!
Let it cool well, while we prepare the cream.
Neck cream ingredient
- 200 grams of ground biscuits
- 100 grams of butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 4-5 tablespoons plum or apricot jam
- 150 grams of ground walnuts a little bigger
- 250-300 ml milk (depending on how much you absorb the biscuits)
- 1 vial free of Dr. Oetker rum.
Preparation of walnut cream
In a bowl put the ground biscuits, sugar, walnuts and add the milk gradually.
Homogenize, add cocoa, jam, and finally rubbed butter, foam and rum essence.
The cream should be more consistent, not flowing. If you find it too soft, add more ground biscuits.
Put them all on the fire to boil until they boil, then let them cool to room temperature.
Place the top on a tray, syrup it and spread the walnut cream on top. Level well and let it cool for an hour.
- 100 grams of milk chocolate
- 50 ml liquid cream
- A teaspoon of honey
In a bowl put the liquid cream, honey and vanilla essence and bring the composition to a boil.
Turn off the heat and add the broken chocolate pieces.
Homogenize until the chocolate has melted, let it cool for a few minutes, then spread it over the walnut cream.
I sprinkled pieces of walnut (about 50 grams) on top of the glaze.
Refrigerate the cake for 2-3 hours, then portion it.
I decorated with whipped cream, about 200 grams.
If you like the recipes I explained, go to my Facebook page, Alina & # 8217s Cuisine, and give me a LIKE. Thank you!
[photo title = & # 8221 Have you tried this recipe? & # 8221]
Did you like it? Share the result with us. Enter here and upload your photo. Don't worry if she's not a professional, we're not either. You will then find your photo on this page. Thank you!
Method of preparation
This cake is one of the seasonal cakes, why do I say that, because it is very tasty when prepared with fresh apricots. Of course, apricots can be replaced with an apricot jam, but the taste will not be the same.
First we will start with apricot cream, which must be left to cool for some time. We will wash the apricots well and let them drain a little, then we will remove the seeds, we will mix them until they become like a puree. We will put the puree obtained in a Teflon pot, to which we will add the sugar, pudding and semolina. We put the pot on the right heat, stirring constantly and it will be left to boil until it thickens, after which it will be set aside to cool well, and after cooling, it will be put in the fridge to harden. If you notice that the cream is not thick enough, you can add a few tablespoons of semolina. And now we will move on to preparing the dough.
The butter mixes well with the sugar, the egg, the salt powder and the lemon peel, after which the yogurt is added, in which we dissolved the baking powder and the baking soda, and at the end, we will add the flour. I made the dough with the kitchen aid mixer and I got a dough that was not too soft and slightly elastic. If the dough is too soft, you can add a little more flour, and if it is too hard, add a little warm yogurt, until you get the right dough. Remember, the dough obtained must be elastic, neither too soft nor too hard. Put the dough in a cool place to rest for about 20 minutes, during which time we prepare the tray where we will bake the cake and which we will line with baking paper. The size of my tray was (36x28) cm. The larger the tray, the thinner the sheets will be. I used a medium-sized tray so that the sheets were neither too thick nor too thin. The dough is divided into two equal pieces and from each piece, spread a sheet of cake, using two nylon sheets, possibly baking paper. The dough is spread evenly between the two foils, after which the obtained sheet will be placed in the tray, also with the help of the foil and will be pricked from place to place with a fork, then it will be put in the hot oven, at 180 & degC, approx. 15 minutes, until the edges of the dough turn slightly golden. Meanwhile, spread the second piece of dough. After the first sheet has baked a little, pour over the apricot cream and spread it evenly over the entire surface of the sheet. Place the second sheet of dough over the cream and prick it again with a fork from place to place. Put the tray back in the oven, which is already hot, at 180 & degC, for 30 minutes. At the end, we will brown it a little, until it acquires a slightly golden color (watch the pictures as of course they will be useful). Leave to cool for a few hours, then cut into the desired shapes and powder with vanilla sugar. Be careful, it is not cut unless it is completely cooled, so that the cream does not come out between the sheets, because the cream layer is quite thick. I made 2 portions, the first one I cut after a short time, for my cravings, and the second one, I left it in the fridge and portioned it the next day and of course it came out with a wonderful look. It is a very tasty and delicious cake, being seasonal, I really invite you to try it, because now is the time when we can pamper our family, but also amaze our guests with such delicacy.
Walnut cake, apricot jam and whipped cream
I manage to slip through the work at home, the Superblog competition and Alexandru to relax in the kitchen preparing sweets. So I buried a simple cake with walnuts, apricot jam and whipped cream because I had some whipped cream left from the last peach cheesecake ready (recipe here).
It is not a very complicated cake, the intense taste of walnut combines perfectly with the sweet and sour of apricot jam. I also added a little cream with 40% fat so that the cream does not become dry. I leave below the recipe for walnut cake, apricot jam and whipped cream.
What do you need?
100g ground walnuts
50ml grape seed oil
5g baking powder
400ml whipped cream
100g sour cream with 40% fat
5 tablespoons honey or to taste
50g ground walnuts or almonds (optional)
a little lemon peel
10g gelatin sheets
Peach compote juice
How is it prepared?
1. In a large bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar until they double in volume, then incorporate the oil. Gradually add flour mixed with baking powder and finally add walnuts.
2 Wallpaper a baking tray (I used a ceramic jar with a size of 18 × 30) and transfer the composition, leaving it in the oven (on medium heat) for 25-30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
3. While the countertop is baking, we can prepare the cream. Mix the cream well until it becomes whipped cream. Keep 1/4 of the whipped cream for decoration, and in the rest we add sour cream, honey, ground walnuts, vanilla essence and lemon peel and mix until we get a homogeneous mixture.
4. I also prepared a little gelatin because it seemed to me that the cream was a little liquid and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't in the valley on the counter. I also incorporated gelatin in the cream, according to the instructions on the package, and then I left it in the fridge.
5. After the countertop has cooled completely, divide it into two parts, which we will syrup with the juice from a peach compote.
6. Assemble the cake: top, apricot jam, cream, top and then the simple whipped cream kept before preparing the cream. Store in the refrigerator for a few hours until cut.
Cake with apricot jam and walnut cream
Cake with apricot jam and walnut cream from: butter, sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs, powdered sugar, ground walnuts, apricot jam.
- 100 g butter
- 40 g sugar
- 120 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 yolk
For the cream:
- 2 yolks
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 100 g ground walnuts
- 1 jar of apricot jam
Method of preparation:
Rub the butter with the sugar until it becomes a frothy cream, then add the yolk, the ammonia quenched in a little vinegar and flour, spread the top in the greased pan and lined with flour or baking paper. Grease the top with apricot jam.
For the cream, mix the yolks with the powdered sugar (powdered in the blender from the robot with the ground walnut (also given to the robot in the grinder) and with the beaten egg whites.
Pour this cream over the top greased with jam and bake on the right heat for 15-20 minutes.
Ingredients Walnut cake, apricot jam, sour cream and chocolate:
- 8 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 160 grams of sugar
- 80 grams of ground walnuts
- 80 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
condensed milk cream:
- 1 can of 396 grams of sweetened condensed milk (270 ml.)
- 230 ml. milk
- 2 yolks
- 35 grams of corn starch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams of butter with 80% fat
- syrup of 50 grams of sugar, 80 ml. water, juice and peel of 1/2 lemon
- 1 jar of apricot jam
- 80 grams of fried walnuts
- glaze of 100 grams of dark chocolate + 80 ml. cream for whipped cream
Top preparation for Walnut Cake, Apricot Jam, Milk Cream and Chocolate:
1. Turn on the oven and set it to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare a tray of 36 & # 21533 cm, lining it with baking paper.
2. Separate the eggs, put the egg whites in a bowl together with the salt and beat hard. Add the sugar in the rain and continue beating until the sugar is completely dissolved and a firm meringue is obtained. Add the yolks all at once and mix quickly for a maximum of 5-6 seconds.
3. Add the vanilla extract, grated lemon peel, flour and ground walnuts all at once. Mix everything with a spatula with a wide and flexible spatula, permanently lifting the composition from the bottom of the bowl to the surface, so that the air accumulated in the beaten egg whites is not lost (as we did on the gluten-free walnut cake top) .
4. Pour the countertop composition into the tray lined with baking paper, level well and put in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned, pass the toothpick test but do not dries too much. The baking tray is carefully peeled off the baking paper and allowed to cool well.
Preparation of milk cream for Walnut Cake, Apricot Jam, Milk Cream and Chocolate:
1. While the countertop cools, proceed to the preparation of the cream. I recommended a condensed milk cream, very similar to vanilla cream. If you have nowhere to buy sweetened condensed milk, I recommend replacing the cream base with classic vanilla cream (click on the recipe link). As for the cream that I prepared, I poured in a graduated container the condensed milk (at the base) and the milk, so as to obtain a total volume of 500 ml.
6. I mixed the milk well with the condensed milk. No sugar is needed, because condensed milk is very sweet. I put the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat, keeping 50 ml. in the graduated container. In a bowl, I mixed the yolks with the starch and the mixture of cold milk, poured little by little, with the pear-shaped target. When the milk mixture on the fire boils, pour it over the yolks, in a bowl, stirring vigorously with the whisk. Transfer everything back to the pan and simmer, stirring constantly, until well thickened. Pass the cream through a sieve in a bowl suitable for the mixer and leave to cool to room temperature, covered with cling film directly on the surface. After it has cooled completely, add the soft butter and incorporate it with the mixer on high speed.
Assembling Walnut Cake, Apricot Jam, Milk Cream and Chocolate:
1. Prepare the syrup, boiling all the ingredients, then filtering it through a sieve. The top of the cake is cut into three perfectly equal strips (in my case, I found 3 strips of 12 & # 21533 cm).
2. Sprinkle the countertop strips with a little syrup (not too much, we do not aim to get a wet countertop), especially on the edges. Consistent apricot jam is distributed on two of the countertop strips (it is important to be consistent, not to run).
3. Visually divide the cream into three equal parts. Grease one third of the cream on top of the first top with jam and cover with the next sheet of jam and again with cream.
4. Place the last sheet on top with the smoothest part facing up and press lightly. Cover with the last third of the cream, leveling as best as possible. Refrigerate the cake for 2-3 hours, to harden the cream well.
4. Melt the broken chocolate on the steam together with the whipped cream. Pour this icing over the well-cooled cake, keeping 2-3 tablespoons, and level with a knife. Sprinkle the roasted walnuts on top, while the icing is warm, and sprinkle the preserved chocolate icing on top of the walnuts. The cake is ready to serve as soon as the icing dries. Good appetite!
Fresh cake with jam and walnuts (fasting)
The best cake in the fast version & # 8220Cake with jam and walnuts” .Fasting dough it is obtained quickly, and the combination of jam and walnut gives the cake a special goodness.
Fasting cake recipes in pictures. Homemade cake recipes. Fresh cake with jam and fasting walnut. Fasting cake in pictures. Fresh cake with jam and walnut (fasting).
Margarine (at room temperature) cut into cubes and mix with sugar, salt powder and vanilla sugar for 2 minutes.
Add the baking powder, lemon juice, mineral water and continue mixing for another 2 minutes.
Add flour + 100 g walnuts and mix until you get a homogeneous and non-sticky dough.
From the dough obtained we stop a quarter for decoration.
Wallpaper a tray (30 & # 21520) with baking paper, place the rest of the dough and spread it by hand.
Add the plum jam on the entire surface of the dough in an even layer.
Sprinkle the rest of the walnut (100 gr) & # 8211 see photo.
The rest of the dough is scraped over the entire surface of the cake.
Cake Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 35 minutes.
Allow to cool completely, remove the edges and portion into 20 pieces.
what do you do with lemon juice?
I like to use a slightly sour or even magic jam, which has no added sugar. If I use a sweet jam (eg pear) I add a little lemon juice & # 8211 I think it better highlights the flavors of the cake.
good morning, I followed the instructions exactly but the dough came out very crumbly, maybe it was too much flour? but I added some more milk and it turned into what I needed. It's a good cake .. it reminds me of my grandmother. thank you!
With pleasure Andreea! For the dough, from my point of view, the amount of flour is only approximate & # 8211 it is possible that following the same recipe to reach different results (it usually depends on the moisture of the flour). Good thing you did!
Hi. For me, too, the dough was very crumbly, I arranged it with my hand in the tray, otherwise it was impossible. However, it was tasty. Thanks!