Thai Fish Curry
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro stems
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh lemongrass (from bottom 6 inches of stalk)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 large garlic cloves, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound 1-1/2-inch-thick sea bass fillets, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2/3 cup bottled clam juice
Blend first 8 ingredients in processor to dry paste, stopping frequently to scrape down sides of work bowl. DO AHEAD Paste can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.
Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 rounded tablespoons spice paste; stir 1 minute. Add fish and cook 2 minutes, turning occasionally with tongs. Add coconut milk and clam juice and simmer until fish is cooked through, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes. Transfer fish to plate. Boil liquid until reduced to thick sauce, about 8 minutes. Season with salt. Return fish to sauce and heat through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve over rice.