Malted Milk Cookie Tart
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (scant) coarse kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces, room temperature
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (about 3 ounces; do not exceed 61% cacao)
- 1/2 cup malted milk balls, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 325°F. In processor, pulse flour, malted milk powder, sugar, and coarse salt. Add butter; pulse until moist clumps form. Transfer dough to work surface; gather into ball. Press evenly onto bottom of 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom.
Bake crust until evenly golden brown, about 45 minutes. Scatter chocolate chips over; let stand 5 minutes to soften, then spread melted chocolate over hot crust in well that forms as center sinks. Sprinkle malted milk balls over. Cool completely. Remove tart from pan; cut into wedges.