Matzo Brei with Tomatoes and Salsa
- 2 egg matzos, coarsely broken
- 1/2 cup diced seeded tomato (1 small)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large fresh poblano chile, seeded, diced*
- 1/2 cup (lightly packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Place matzo pieces in medium bowl. Cover with hot water; soak 15 seconds. Drain well in sieve. Add eggs to same bowl and whisk to blend. Mix in drained matzo and tomato, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chile. Sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Spoon half of chile and most of oil into mini processor. Add cilantro, green onions, lime juice, and oregano to processor; blend to coarse paste. Season salsa generously with salt and pepper.
Place skillet with remaining oil and chile over medium-high heat. Add egg-matzo mixture and 2 tablespoons salsa. Stir gently until cooked to desired doneness. Spoon matzo brei onto plates. Top with dollops of salsa and serve.