Turkish-Spiced Chicken Kebabs with Pomegranate Relish and Tahini Yogurt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Baharat Seasoning (click for recipe)
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 1/4 cups pomegranate seeds
- 2/3 cup shelled unsalted natural pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Baharat Seasoning (click for recipe)
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, each halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 3 pieces
Combine lemon juice, Baharat Seasoning , and garlic in medium bowl; stir to blend. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in yogurt and tahini. Season tahini yogurt to taste with salt. DO AHEAD Can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Whisk first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Marinate at room temperature at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
Preheat broiler. Thread 6 chicken pieces onto each skewer. Place on small rimmed baking sheet. Broil chicken until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Arrange kebabs on platter. Serve with tahini yogurt, pomegranate relish, and warm pita breads.