Grilled Short Ribs with Miso
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 12 bone-in 1/3- to 1/2-inch-thick flanken-style short ribs
- Sticky Rice (click for recipe)
Whisk soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and oil in 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Add ribs to marinade; turn to coat. Let marinate 30 minutes at room temperature, turning occasionally.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill with oil. Grill ribs until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove meat from bones and wrap in lettuce leaves with small amount of miso and Sticky Rice.