Summer Pasta with Olives, Roasted Peppers and Capers
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted brine-cured black olives (such as Kalamata), chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 pound medium pasta shells
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino Romano cheese (about 3 ounces)
Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel, seed and chop peppers.
Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and half of parsley; sauté 3 minutes. Add peppers, tomatoes and next 4 ingredients. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool. Cover; refrigerate. Bring to simmer before using.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Return pasta to pot. Add sauce and 1/2 cup cheese; toss. Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve, passing 1/2 cup cheese separately.