Kale and Cannellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooking liquid from Cannellini Beans with Kale (click for recipe)
- 3 1/2 cups Cannellini Beans with Kale (click for recipe)
- 1 cup diced Italian tomatoes in juice
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese plus additional (for serving)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices baguette, toasted
- Truffle oil (for drizzling)
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add carrot and celery; sauté until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add cooking liquid, beans, tomatoes with juice, 3 tablespoons cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes. Puree 2 cups soup in blender. Return puree to pot.
Ladle soup into bowls; top with toasts. Drizzle truffle oil over; sprinkle with cheese.