Cranberry Sauce with Port and Figs
- 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 8 dried black Mission figs, stemmed, chopped
- 1 6-inch-long sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Discard rosemary. Mix in cranberries and 3/4 cup sugar. Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Cool. Transfer sauce to bowl; chill until cold. DO AHEAD Cranberry sauce can be prepared 1 week ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.