Spiced Apple Cider with Rum Whipped Cream
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons (packed) brown sugar
- 12 cups (3 quarts) apple cider
- 8 2-inch-long strips orange peel
- 4 2-inch-long strips lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
Stir all ingredients in medium bowl. Chill until ready to use, up to 1 day.
Bring first 6 ingredients to boil in heavy large pot, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until mixture is reduced to 6 cups, 35 to 40 minutes. Strain cider into medium saucepan. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, cover, and chill.
Return cider to simmer. Remove from heat. Mix in 1/2 cup Tuaca and 1/4 cup dark rum. Divide cider among 8 mugs.
Beat cream until peaks form. Spoon whipped cream atop cider and serve.