Spicy Stir Fried Chicken and Greens with Peanuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry Sherry, divided
- 3 teaspoons Asian sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons golden brown sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-wide strips
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 4 green onions, white parts and green parts chopped separately
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded serrano chiles
- 1 large bunch greens (such as spinach, mustard greens, kale, or broccoli rabe; about 1 pound), thick stems removed, spinach left whole, other greens cut into 1-inch strips (about 10 cups packed)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
Whisk 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Sherry, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon sugar in medium bowl. Add chicken; marinade 20 to 30 minutes.
Whisk remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Sherry, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon sugar in small bowl and reserve.
Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add white parts of onions and chiles; stir 30 seconds. Add chicken; stir-fry just until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer chicken mixture to bowl. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil to same skillet; heat over high heat. Add greens by large handfuls; stir just until beginning to wilt before adding more. Sauté just until tender, 1 to 6 minutes, depending on type of greens. Return chicken to skillet. Add reserved soy sauce mixture; stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl; sprinkle with green parts of onions and peanuts.