Grilled Ham and Three-Cheese Sandwiches
- 8 5x3x1/2-inch slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup (packed) grated whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 8 tablespoons chopped drained roasted red peppers from jar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 8 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons crumbled soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
Arrange 4 bread slices on work surface. Layer each with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons peppers, 1 teaspoon thyme, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon goat cheese, and 1 ham slice. Top each with bread slice.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add 2 sandwiches to skillet. Cover and cook until bottoms of bread are golden and cheeses are melted, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet. Turn sandwiches over; cook until bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer sandwiches to plates. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches.