Savory Black Pepper–Parmesan Cookies
"Hard-boiled yolks are the secret to making these savory cookies dissolve-in-your-mouth tender." —Claire Saffitz, assistant food editor
- 2 large egg yolks, hard-boiled
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350°. Press egg yolks through a fine-mesh sieve into a food processor. Pulse with flour, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Add butter and pulse until the texture of coarse meal. Drizzle in heavy cream and pulse just until dough forms a ball. Roll out between 2 sheets of parchment paper until ⅛” thick. Transfer dough with parchment to a baking sheet and freeze 10 minutes. Remove top sheet of parchment and bake 10 minutes; remove from oven, cut into 1½” diamonds, and bake until golden brown, 18–20 minutes longer. Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack; let cool.