Garland of Spring Vegetables
- 12 ounces carrots, peeled, cut on slight diagonal into 1/4 -inch-thick slices
- 12 ounces turnips, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas (from about 2 pounds in pods) or 2 cups frozen peas (10 ounces), thawed
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1/4 cup reserved herb butter (from Roast Leg of Lamb with Tarragon-Mint Butter)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
Cook carrots and turnips in pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes. Add fresh shelled peas, if using, and sugar snap peas; cook until all vegetables are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Drain vegetables; return to same pot. Add thawed frozen peas, if using. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Add herb butter, tarragon, and mint to vegetables. Toss over low heat to melt butter and heat through. Season to taste with fleur de sel and pepper. Spoon around lamb or mound in bowl.