Salted Honey and Chocolate Bark
This holiday confection is both sweet and salty.
- 12 oz. saltine or Ritz crackers
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted
- ½ cup dried tart cherries or sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons coffee beans, crushed
- ¼ cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
Preheat oven to 350°. Using your hands, coarsely crumble crackers onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toast in oven until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack and let crackers cool.
Meanwhile, heat sugar, honey, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Fit saucepan with thermometer and cook, whisking frequently, until thermometer registers 300°, 8–10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda (mixture will bubble vigorously). Quickly pour mixture over crackers, spreading to coat evenly. Let cool completely.
Drizzle chocolate over cooled crackers; immediately top with cherries, coffee beans, hazelnuts, and cacao nibs and sprinkle with salt. Chill until chocolate is hardened, at least 10 minutes. Break bark into pieces.
DO AHEAD: Bark can be made 3 days ahead. Wrap tightly and keep chilled.