Pasta with Spicy Shrimp and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3/4 cup sliced drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 12-ounce package linguine
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté until pink, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to medium bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to same pot. Add shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, garlic, lemon peel, and crushed red pepper. Sauté until shallots are soft, about 4 minutes. Add canned tomatoes and simmer until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Mix in basil. Return shrimp and any juices to sauce; stir to heat through, about 1 minute.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until tender, but still firm to bite. Drain. Add pasta to sauce. Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; top with cheese.