Pork, Maple, and Sage Patties
- 1 pound pork shoulder butt, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces bacon slices, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Process half of pork and half of bacon in processor until pork is coarsely chopped. Transfer to large bowl. Repeat with remaining pork and bacon. Stir in remaining ingredients. Form mixture into twelve 2 1/2-inch-diameter patties. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Heat heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 6 patties and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer patties to paper towels. Wipe skillet clean. Repeat with remaining patties. Serve warm.