Yellow Tomato Gazpacho with Cilantro Oil and Avocado
- 1 3/4 pounds yellow tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 medium jalapeño chili with seeds, chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, chopped
Squeeze tomato juices and seeds into strainer set over bowl. Press on seeds to extract all juice. Chop tomatoes. Set aside 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup cucumber, and 1/4 cup bell pepper.
Combine remaining tomatoes, cucumber, and bell pepper in processor. Add tomato juices, onion, orange juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, and jalapeño; process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer soup to bowl; add reserved vegetables. Cover and chill overnight.
Divide soup among 6 bowls. Drizzle with cilantro oil. Sprinkle with avocado.