Black Bass with Warm Rosemary-Olive Vinaigrette
For a complete meal, pair this black bass recipe with roasted potatoes, creamy polenta, or cooked white beans.
- 4 4–5-oz. black bass fillets, skin lightly scored
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons black oil-cured olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 small or ½ medium head radicchio, leaves torn into 1½” pieces (about 3 cups)
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season fish with salt and pepper and cook, skin side down, until skin is golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Turn fish and add garlic, olives, and rosemary to skillet. Cook, stirring garlic, olives, and rosemary occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, about 3 minutes.
Add orange juice to pan and swirl to combine. Divide radicchio and fish among plates and spoon warm vinaigrette over top.