Kahlua-Walnut Brownie Bites
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 5 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, plus 1/3 cup chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup muscovado sugar or light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Edible gold dust (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°. Coat the bottom and sides of an 8x8" glass baking dish with nonstick spray. (If using a metal baking pan, heat oven to 325°.)
Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a small bowl; set aside.
Place butter and espresso powder in a bowl set over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Stir until butter is melted. Add 5 oz. chocolate and stir until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugars. Add eggs, Kahlúa, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Add the flour mixture and stir until blended.
Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips and chopped walnuts over. Bake until a tester inserted in center of pan comes out clean, 30–35 minutes. Let cool completely; cut brownies into 2" squares.