- 3 14.5 ounce cans pitted tart cherries in water, drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream or whipped cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Combine next 5 ingredients in large bowl; toss well. Spread evenly in prepared dish.
Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Stir in next 5 ingredients. Spoon topping over filling. Bake cobbler until topping is golden brown and juices from filling are bubbling thickly at edges, about 50 minutes. Serve cobbler warm with ice cream or whipped cream.