Branzino and Roasted Baby Vegetables with Tarragon-Chive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 9 tablespoons olive oil (not extra-virgin), divided
- 6 branzino or striped bass fillets with skin (each about 5 ounces)
- Roasted Baby Vegetables (see recipe)
Puree herbs and 4 tablespoons oil in blender until smooth. Transfer to small bowl; whisk in remaining 5 tablespoons oil. Season herb oil to taste with coarse salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat fillets dry. Sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 fillets, skin side down. Sauté until brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer fillets, skin side down, to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining fillets. Drizzle each with 1/2 tablespoon herb oil.
Roast fillets until just opaque in center, about 10 minutes. Transfer fillets to platter. Surround with vegetables. Drizzle some herb oil over vegetables. Serve, passing remaining herb oil.
What to drink
With the fish, try a dry white wine, like the kosher Hagafen 2008 Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley Chardonnay (California, $24).