No-Bake Chocolate-Raspberry Cream Pie
- 7 ounces chocolate wafer cookies (about 32), coarsely broken
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (two 6-ounce containers)
Place broken cookies in processor. Using on/off turns, process until finely ground. Place chocolate chips, butter, and sugar in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high at 15-second intervals until melted, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate mixture to processor and blend until combined. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch glass pie dish (do not pack firmly). Chill crust while preparing filling.
Whisk condensed milk, crème fraîche, lemon juice, and lemon peel in large bowl to blend. Add half of raspberries. Stir, pressing gently on some raspberries, until raspberries begin to break apart and filling turns pink. Transfer filling to crust. Chill until filling is set, about 2 hours.
Scatter remaining raspberries over pie. Cut into wedges and serve.
The filling firms as it chills, creating nice clean slices of pie—but it doesn't contain any thickeners. The secret? Lemon juice. When it reacts with the other ingredients, it helps thicken the filling.