Blistered Green Beans with Garlic and Miso
Don’t rush to shake the pan and toss the green beans before they blister; they need a little time to char. Learn how to make this recipe and more in our online cooking class with Sur la Table.
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1½ pounds haricots verts or green beans, trimmed
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Flaky sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
Mix garlic, lime juice, miso, and coconut nectar in a small bowl to combine. Set garlic mixture aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add green beans and cook, undisturbed, until beginning to blister, about 2 minutes. Toss and continue to cook, tossing often, until tender and blistered in spots, 8–12 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat, pour in garlic mixture, and toss green beans to coat. Add red pepper flakes; season with sea salt and black pepper. Transfer to a platter and top with cilantro.