Chicken Skewers with Tarragon-Pistachio Pesto
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted natural pistachios
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 16 1-inch pieces red onion (1/3 inch thick)
- 16 1-inch squares red bell pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenders (about 8 large)
Puree first 5 ingredients in processor. Add 1/4 cup olive oil and blend until slightly coarse paste forms. Mix in 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer 3 tablespoons pesto to small bowl (for brushing chicken and vegetables); reserve remaining pesto.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill with oil. Thread 1 onion piece, 1 bell pepper square, 1 lemon slice half, 1 chicken tender (lengthwise), then 1 onion piece, 1 bell pepper square, and 1 lemon slice half alternately on each of 8 skewers. Brush vegetables and chicken on skewers with olive oil, then with 3 tablespoons pesto from small bowl. Sprinkle skewers with salt and pepper. Grill until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are slightly softened, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Serve with reserved pesto.