Squash and Root Vegetable Slaw
- 1½ cups shredded raw kabocha or butternut squash
- 1½ cups shredded raw celery root
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 apples, peeled, quartered, cored, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine kabocha, rutabaga, and sweet potatoes in a large resealable plastic bag. Place celery root in a large bowl of water, top with lemon juice, and cover. Chill shredded vegetables overnight.
Drain celery root. Transfer shredded vegetables to a large bowl. Stir in apples, parsley, and chives. Add Granny Smith Apple Cider Vinaigrette; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.