Saigon Chicken Salad
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro (including stems)
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 4-inch-long bottom portion of large lemongrass stalk, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 large kaffir lime leaves, minced (1 generous teaspoon)
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves (4 to 5)
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 1/4 cup (packed) light palm sugar or golden brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced Thai chiles or serrano chiles with seeds
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 cups 2-inch pieces trimmed Chinese long beans or green beans (about 10 ounces)
- 8 ounces plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeds and pulp removed, shells cut into long thin strips
- 1 cup coarsely grated peeled daikon (Japanese white radish) or trimmed red radishes
- 1 cup coarsely grated seeded Persian cucumbers (about 3)
- 1 cup very thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts, split in half
Whisk cilantro, lemon juice, lemongrass, and kaffir lime leaves in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season marinade to taste with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange chicken in single layer in 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour marinade over; turn chicken to coat evenly. Cover and chill 3 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
Heat heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken (with some marinade still clinging to surface) to skillet. Sauté until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Turn off heat; let chicken rest in skillet 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to work surface. Cut chicken in half horizontally, then crosswise into thin strips.
Combine fish sauce, palm sugar, lime juice, chiles, and garlic in small bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 3 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature; whisk before using.
Cook beans in saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain; cool.
Place beans in large bowl. Add tomatoes, daikon, cucumbers, cabbage, carrot, celery leaves, cilantro leaves, green onions, and most of peanuts. Add chicken and dressing; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mound salad on large rimmed platter. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts and serve.