Orange Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (packed) grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 8 ounces double chocolate chips (such as Ghiradelli)
Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Butter and flour large baking sheet. Whisk first 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Beat butter, sugar, orange peel, and orange extract in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in yolk, then cream. Add flour mixture; beat until dough comes together in moist clumps. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by generous tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet, spacing 3/4 inch apart. Using moistened fingertips, flatten each to 1/2-inch-thick round. Bake cookies until golden, about 18 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool. DO AHEAD Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.