Barbecued Rack of Lamb with Tomato-Mint Dressing
- 2 well-trimmed 8-rib racks of lamb, each about 1 1/4 pounds, each cut into 4 double chops
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
Press 2 whole cloves, close to bone, into each double lamb chop. Arrange chops in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Whisk oil, mint, vinegar, and mustard in small bowl to blend. Season dressing generously with salt and pepper. Spoon 1/3 cup dressing over lamb and turn to coat evenly; reserve remaining dressing in bowl. Let lamb marinate at room temperature 2 hours or cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours, turning lamb occasionally.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Mix tomatoes into reserved dressing in bowl. Grill lamb until cooked to desired doneness, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer lamb chops to platter; spoon tomato-mint dressing over and serve.