Sautéed Baby Zucchini with Squash Blossoms and Lemon Basil
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Squash blossoms are extremely perishable; it's best to use them the day you buy them.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound baby zucchini, halved lengthwise, each half cut lengthwise into 3 wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh lemon basil or regular basil
- Fleur de sel (fine French sea salt)
- 18 zucchini squash blossoms
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini; sauté until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in basil. Season with fleur de sel. Transfer to plate. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add squash blossoms and cook until barely wilted and still bright orange, about 2 seconds per side. Arrange atop zucchini and serve.