Grilled Pork Chops with Chunky Andouille Barbecue Sauce
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups diced andouille sausage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 6 1-inch-thick rib pork chops
- Additional chili powder and ground cumin
Spray grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare barbecue (medium heat). Sauté sausage and onion in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat until onion begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, 2 teaspoons chili powder, and 1 teaspoon cumin. Bring to boil; remove from heat.
Meanwhile, sprinkle chops on both sides with salt, then chili powder and cumin. Grill chops until cooked through but not dry, about 9 minutes per side.