- 2 English hothouse cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 8 ounces daikon (Japanese white radish), peeled, cut into 2x 1/4-inch sticks
- 2/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Toss cucumbers with sea salt in colander. Place colander over bowl and let stand 15 minutes. Rinse cucumbers. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Place radish sticks in medium bowl. Cover with water. Soak 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Stir vinegar and next 3 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Add cucumbers and radish; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.