Orange- and Lime-Marinated Lamb Kebabs
- 1 3 1/2-pound boneless leg of lamb, all fat and sinew trimmed, meat cut into 1 1/4- to 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chilies*
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 fresh poblano chilies,** seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
Place lamb cubes in large resealable plastic bag. Whisk orange juice and next 10 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Pour over lamb in plastic bag. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Drain lamb.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Alternate 4 lamb cubes, 4 onion pieces, and 4 chili pieces on each skewer. Grill lamb to desired doneness, turning frequently, about 9 minutes for medium-rare. Place skewers on platter and serve.