Chicken Sausage Omelet with Greens and Cheese
Make sure the leftover greens, especially if you’re using kale, are totally softened—you should be able to cut through them easily.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large eggs, beaten to blend, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup Muenster cheese, shredded, divided
- 4 ounces loose chicken-apple sausage, cooked, divided
- ⅓ cup sautéed greens (such as spinach, kale, or Swiss chard), divided
Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in an 8" nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
Add half of eggs to skillet. Cook eggs, stirring gently with a heatproof spatula, until eggs are lightly scrambled and almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Spread eggs evenly to cover bottom of skillet.
Top eggs with half of Muenster, sausage, and greens. Using spatula, fold over one-third of omelet. Roll omelet onto itself, then slide onto a plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make a second omelet.