Spiced Blueberry Grunt
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (from four 1/2-pint containers)
- 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Whipped cream, chilled whipping cream, or vanilla ice cream
Mix all ingredients in 12-inch-diameter skillet. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until berries soften and mixture thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
MEANWHILE, PREPARE DUMPLINGS:
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles fine meal. Add milk; stir just until blended and sticky dough forms.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto simmering berry mixture, placing close together. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover skillet and simmer until dumplings are firm and tester inserted into dumplings comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Scoop warm dessert into bowls.
Top with whipped cream, whipping cream, or ice cream.