Fresh Stone-Fruit Chutney
- 2 large firm but ripe peaches or nectarines (about 12 ounces total), halved, pitted, thinly sliced
- 2 small firm but ripe apricots or plums (about 6 ounces total), halved, pitted, thinly sliced
- 1 cup quartered pitted cherries
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala*
Combine all fruit in medium bowl. Add sugar, vinegar, and garam masala; toss gently. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature to allow juices to form and to blend flavors, tossing occasionally. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
*An Indian spice mixture; available in the spice section of many supermarkets and at Indian markets.