Steamed Snapper with Ginger, Lime, and Cilantro
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/4 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger (see tip below)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 2 6- to 8-ounce red snapper fillets or halibut fillets
Mix 3 tablespoons cilantro and next 7 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Set aside. Pour enough water into large pot to reach depth of 1 inch. Add steamer rack or basket. Top with 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Bring water to boil.
Place fish in pie dish. Pour cilantro sauce over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover pot; steam fish just until opaque in center, about 6 minutes for snapper and 8 minutes for halibut. Serve with sauce; garnish with 2 tablespoons cilantro.
Using a small knife, peel away the thin, light-brown skin from the portion needed. Then rub the peeled ginger back and forth over the raised bumps of a small porcelain ginger grater (found at Asian markets).