Eggplant dish with baked peppers
It is one of my favorite dishes, it can be served both hot and cold but cold is much better. A tasty and healthy food.
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 kg of red capsicum peppers
- 3 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of green parsley
- A few ripe tomatoes
- Salt or vegeta
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Eggplant dish with baked peppers:
Eggplants and peppers are cooked. Sprinkle the peppers with salt and cover with a kitchen napkin. When they have cooled, peel them, keeping the pepper juice. The eggplants are drained in a strainer. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Eggplants and peppers are cut into finger-thick strips. Tomatoes are scalded, peeled and then cut into thin slices. Fry the onion and garlic in a little hot oil. Place in a deep bowl: a little hardened onion, a row of tomatoes, then eggplant, chopped parsley, baked peppers and so on until you finish all the ingredients. Sprinkle a little vegeta and pepper over each row. Pour the juice from the baked peppers on top and put it in the oven until it browns on top. It is an excellent dish that I love very much. It resembles zacusca and can be made in winter with eggplant and frozen peppers. It is good both cold and hot, served with fresh bread from the oven.
How to make a recipe for eggplant pots?
1. Peel the aubergines and cut them into larger cubes.
Sprinkle a little salt on them and let them sit for a few minutes.
We cut the donut into cubes, the tomatoes as well, we cut the onion into small pieces.
2. Heat a little oil in a saucepan and add the onion together with the chopped donut.
Let them cook for 3-4 minutes and then add the eggplant and tomatoes.
Cover with a lid and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Mix lightly from time to time, being careful not to crush them. Add thyme and a little fresh pepper.
At the end we can put 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic. You can also make any kind of vegetable pot, not just eggplant.
Serve this delicious eggplant pot with chopped green parsley on top.
For daily recipe recommendations, you can also find me on the Facebook page, on Youtube, on Pinterest and on Instagram. I invite you to like, subscribe and follow. Also, the group Let's cook with Amalia is waiting for you for exchanges of recipes and experiences in the kitchen.
Eggplant salad with baked peppers
Eggplant salad is one of my all time favorite dishes. This time I made a combination between this and something else that I like super super much and it turned out to be a mega delicious eggplant salad with baked peppers. Yes, I love baked peppers and I would eat them with almost anything. Only with soup, not the rest & # 8230
It is not a food invented by me, I have seen similar recipes on the internet. Some have garlic, others onion, mayonnaise or mustard. I chose the fasting option, but if you don't want it that way, you can add a little mayonnaise or Greek yogurt.
Eggplant salad with baked peppers goes great with other appetizers such as pâtés and vegetable or meat creams. Okay, now you don't have to have musas and other appetizers on the table, this salad is enough when you're hungry and you want something good. But, if you are thinking of organizing a meal between friends with some finger foods and something delicious to spread on bread, consider today's eggplant salad.
Ingredients Eggplant salad with baked peppers
- ripe eggplant (I had around 500g)
- 2 capsicum peppers
- 1 large white onion
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac (or 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
Preparation Eggplant salad with baked peppers
If you do not have eggplant already ripe, put in the winter in a jar or freezer, prepare 2 fresh eggplants.
Put them in the oven over medium heat, turning them from time to time until they are soft. Take them out in a sieve, sprinkle a little salt on them and let them cool. Then clean them, let them drain a little more and chop them finely.
Cut the peppers into strips or pieces, finely chop the onion, as well as the parsley.
Put all the ingredients in a bowl, along with the spices and oil and mix. Eggplant and pepper salad is ready!
Eggplant salad with capsicum
Eggplant salad with capsicum is a delicious summer recipe, but we can also prepare it in winter. We just have to put bags of eggplant and peppers in the freezer.
If you want to try another version of eggplant salad, try the recipe and you will definitely repeat it. If you taste it only once, you will want to do it again.
We receive the recipe from Simona and we thank her. The recipe comes from the Dobrogea area.
Try other eggplant recipes: eggplant salad with baked peppers, Tunisian eggplant salad or even the Korean version.
Bean cream with baked peppers - everything you need to know about the recipe
- You can use white beans, red beans, a mix of both or a mix of beans and chickpeas.
- Tahini, or sesame paste, gives a special taste to bean cream. You can find it in Lidl stores and you can use it in any Hummus recipe.
- Along with baked peppers, you can add dried tomatoes, avocados, green onions, etc. to the composition.
- Bean cream with baked peppers is stored very well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, in a tightly closed pan.
Ingredients for 6 servings of bean cream with baked peppers:
- 2 canned Freshona white beans
- 2 Freshona baked peppers
- 2 tablespoons Primadonna olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tahini Mikado
- Sare Castello, Piper Kania
- Alesto pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
All the ingredients for the Bean Cream with Baked Pepper recipe can be found in LIDL stores.
Drain the canned beans, wash it under cold water, let it drain in a sieve. Drain the baked peppers.
Blend the beans, peppers, olive oil, tahini. We match the taste of salt and pepper.
Add the finely chopped greens, the garlic cloves passed through the press, the pumpkin seeds. Mix with a spoon, without blending. Thus, we will feel better the added flavors and the bean cream will be crispy from the whole pumpkin seeds.
All we have to do is put the bean paste in the bowl, decorate it with olive oil, seeds and herbs.
Bean cream with baked peppers is such an easy and special recipe that it will definitely enter your list of preferences. May you be the best!
The stew from the monastery with baked peppers and eggplants! For you we got the original recipe! For the special flavor, the dish in which you cook it matters:
The stew from the monastery with baked peppers and eggplants! I got the original recipe for you! For the special flavor, the dish in which you cook it matters:
The nuns have a special grace to make a real culinary art out of nothing. If you leave a few potatoes and a handful of garlic or onions in their hands, you will find that you do not get up from the table until you have completely cleaned the plate.
The tuci cauldron is the main actor in this landscape. No stew would be as good without this peasant object, in which grandparents, I remember, boiled fresh cow's milk over that delicious roasted polenta pojghiţa. Or when we dried popcorn in the butter bath. I feel like my papillae are transposed at that time. What a taste, what a smell!
& # 8230But, returning to the post. The monastery stew involves a wealth of carefully cooked vegetables in well-groomed pots and burdened by the fog of time in the cells. Kapia peppers, eggplant, onions, tomatoes, hot and fatty peppers, garlic, pepper and salt are part of this enchanting landscape of flavors.
For a stew as per the book, here's what you need to do: bake the peppers and eggplant, then peel them. The eggplant is left to drain for a few minutes, during which time the garlic and the peeled tomatoes are hardened. Put diced potatoes, chopped baked peppers, chopped eggplant, onions, salt, pepper and, of course, a glass of white wine and warm water to cover the whole composition.
Leave the dish in the oven so that all the ingredients boil in peace and have time to leave their aromas in the sauce, and at the end add finely chopped green parsley to give a fresh aroma to the food.
Bell peppers - Health benefits
- bell peppers contain an impressive list of nutrients, which are known to prevent and treat diseases. Unlike chili peppers, they have few calories and fat, 100 g providing only 31 calories.
- Sweet peppers contain small amounts of capsaicin, an alkaloid compound. Early laboratory studies in experimental mammals suggest that capsaicin has anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, analgesic and anti-diabetic properties. It has also been found to reduce triglycerides and LDL cholesterol levels in obese people.
- Fresh, red or green peppers are an important source of vitamin C, a vitamin particularly concentrated in red pepper, at the highest levels. 100 g of red pepper contains approximately 127.7 mg or 213% of the RDA of vitamin C.
- Vitamin-C is a powerful antioxidant, soluble in water. This is necessary for the synthesis of collagen in the body.
- Collagen is the main protein, structured in the body, necessary to maintain the integrity of blood vessels, skin, organs and bones. Regular consumption of foods rich in this vitamin helps the human body to be protected from scurvy, to develop resistance against infectious agents, by stimulating immunity and helping to eliminate free radicals from the body.
- bell peppers also contain significant amounts of vitamin A, approximately 3131 IU or 101% of RDA per 100 gr. In addition, it contains antioxidant flavonoids such as alpha and beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin and cryptoxanthin. Together, these antioxidants in bell peppers help protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals generated during stress and disease.
- We also find in bell peppers a multitude of essential minerals, such as iron, copper, zinc, potassium, manganese, magnesium and selenium. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase. Selenium is also a micro-mineral antioxidant, which acts as a co-factor for the enzyme superoxide dismutase.
- In addition, bell peppers are also rich in B-complex vitamins, such as niacin (vitamin B3), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamine (vitamin B1).
- Bake the peppers on the stove, in the pan or in the oven until soft. Clean them and set them aside. Finely chop the onion and garlic, then soak them in olive oil for 4-5 minutes, stirring the vegetables constantly, to cook evenly.
- Put the peppers cut into long strips or cubes over the onion, add 4-5 tablespoons of water and let the stew simmer, with the lid on, for 5-7 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and a pinch of salt, mix well and put the pan back on.
- After others
✽ If you have canned baked peppers, you can use them to prepare this stew. It will last even less like this, but the taste will be a little different.
Baked Pepper, Eggplant and Pumpkin Salad & # 8211 a fragrant and healthy food
Did you know that bell peppers are one of the richest sources of C vitamin? 92 grams of bell pepper can cover 157% of the recommended daily dose of vitamin C.
These vegetables are also rich in vitamin B6, vitamin A, folic acid, fiber, vitamin E, vitamin B5, potassium, vitamin B3, vitamin K, manganese, vitamin B1, phosphorus and magnesium.
eggplant, pepper and baked pumpkin salad
Like cabbage, broccoli, onions and garlic, bell peppers contain sulfur compounds that reduce the risk of cancer.
Like violet or dark blue plant foods, eggplants contain powerful antioxidants. One of them is chlorogenic acid, who has anticancer, anti-microbial and antiviral properties. It has proven effective against obesity and hypercholesterolemia. Eggplants are especially beneficial for brain.
Pumpkins can protect us from diabetes, due to the compounds that help regulating blood sugar levels. They also have effects inflammatory, anti-microbial and anticancer.
Pepper, eggplant and zucchini salad - recipe
In addition to the listed ingredients, you can add other vegetables, such as tomatoes, carrots, celery, beets, mushrooms, olives, etc.
• 2 eggplants
• 3 bell peppers
• 1 zucchini
• 1 onion
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 tablespoon of oil
• greens and spices to taste
To make the salad tastier and more flavorful, bake the vegetables in the oven or on the grill. This option is also indicated for people who are not allowed to consume raw foods.
After they are cooked, while they are hot, peel the eggplants and peppers. Zucchini can be left with the peel. Cut all the vegetables into pieces, including the onion, and place them in a large salad bowl.
From the crushed garlic, a little salt and oil you can prepare a mujdei that is poured over the vegetables. Stir gently and sprinkle with finely chopped greens (parsley, dill) at the end.
Instead of this mujdei you can use yogurt, mayonnaise or another favorite sauce.
This salad is served hot, but it is good and cold.
* The advice and any health information available on this site are for informational purposes, do not replace the doctor's recommendation. If you suffer from chronic diseases or follow medication, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting a cure or natural treatment to avoid interaction. By postponing or interrupting classic medical treatments you can endanger your health.
Planting and harvesting
Capsicum is one of the most famous vegetables in our country and is grown in many households.
Capsicum is usually planted from seed in seedlings. For an early crop, the seed is sown between February 20 and 25, for ordinary summer crops, between February 25 and March 15, and for late crops between March 5 and 20.
The age of seedlings at planting should be 60-65 days. It is important that, a few days before planting, the seedlings harden by a stronger aeration day and night, and a few hours before removing the seedling it is recommended to water it abundantly.
In the case of capsicums, it is important to make the seedlings of the plants, which consists in breaking the leaves from the underside of the shoots in order to obtain larger fruits.
For capsicum, harvesting can begin in the first decade of July and continue until the first decade of October.