Double Oreo® brownies recipe
- Dish type
- Chocolate traybakes
Brownies are one of my guilty pleasures! They're sweet, gooey and packed with chocolate and these double Oreo® brownies come with the sinful addition of an Oreo® cookie baked into the brownie and topped with a swirl of Oreo® buttercream and an Oreo® sitting on top… I suppose they should really be called triple Oreo® brownies!!
London, England, UK
37 people made this
- 200g dark chocolate, I used 70% cocoa
- 100g butter
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 60g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 15 Oreo® cookies
- To decorate
- 90g butter
- 260g icing sugar
- 4 Oreo® cookies, blitzed in a food processor
- 1 tablespoon milk, if required
- some Oreo® cookies, broken in half
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:55min
- Start by switching your oven on to 160 C / Gas 2-3 and grease and line your baking tin. My tin is size adjustable and I set it to 7x11 inches (18x28cm) and also lined the sides.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. You can also do this by giving it short blasts in the microwave but I don't have one. When your chocolate is melted take it off the heat and leave to cool.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until thoroughly combined. Add the beaten eggs a little at a time mixing well in between. Add the cool melted chocolate and mix in thoroughly. The mixture should look smooth and silky.
- Sift in the plain flour and cocoa powder and gently fold in until combined. The mixture may have some little lumps but don't worry, mine did too.
- Empty the mixture into your baking tin. If your mixture doesn't level itself off then just smooth it over with a palette knife. Place your Oreo® cookies onto the mixture and press them in slightly leaving a bit of space in between each cookie.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the preheat oven for 20 to 25 minutes. When baked, remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool.
- Using a sharp knife, slice your brownies into squares so that there's an Oreo® in the centre of each one. Leave them as they are or for added oreo-ness decorate them as below.
- Give the butter a good beating until pale and fluffy. Add the icing sugar in three lots, giving a good mix in between each addition.
- Add the Oreo® crumbs and mix in thoroughly. If the buttercream is a little stiff add the milk to loosen it a little. Put your Oreo® buttercream into a piping bag fitted with your favourite nozzle (I used the Wilton® 2d closed star nozzle).
- Give each brownie a generous swirl of buttercream and top with half an Oreo®.
- Enjoy…and don't eat them all at once!!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
It looks so good havent made it but will be making it.-04 Nov 2016
Yummy brownie's! V V nice and chewy <3-31 Jan 2017