I came to the conclusion that jam can be prepared in any season! We opened the "preservation" for 2013, with this unique sweetness!
- uncleaned carrots 1000 g,
- caster sugar 800 g,
- vanilla sugar 2 sachets,
- cold water 3 cups,
- 1 piece lemon,
- orange 1 piece,
- cinnamon 2-3 pieces,
- cloves 4 pieces.
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Carrot jam:
Boil the water with the sugar, over high heat, approx. Ten minutes. Meanwhile, peel the carrots, put them on a fine grater, add them to the sugar syrup. Reduce heat and bring to a boil, approx. 30 minutes, uncovered. After the jam is set, add the citrus juice and a little peel, cinnamon and cloves, leaving to boil over low heat, approx. 5 minutes to combine the tastes. Put the jam hot in the previously sterilized jars, close it tightly and leave it to warm until the next day. Attention: remove the cinnamon pieces and the cloves from the jam! Good luck and good luck!
Ingredients eggplant zacusca with carrots
- 600 grams of eggplant, weighed already ripe and peeled
- 400 grams of peeled carrots
- 350 grams of peppers, weighed after being baked and peeled
- 200 grams of peeled onion
- 40 ml. of sunflower oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 grams of thick, thick broth or 400 ml. of thin broth
- optionally, 1 teaspoon ground cumin and pepper to taste
Eggplant zacusca preparation with carrots
Preparation of eggplant and peppers
1. Of course, the preparation of any zacusca recipe begins with baking eggplant and peppers. Bake the eggplants on the grill, on the disc, on the hob, just to come in direct contact with a hot surface. It is advisable to prick the eggplants before baking them to avoid accidents that can occur if the eggplants crack and splash around with their extremely hot pulp. Bake all the way around until the peel is charred in places and the core is soft. The ripe eggplants are taken out in a strainer placed on top of a bowl in which to collect the bitter and slightly astringent liquid that they will leave. Cover with a lid, so they will steam and peel more easily. They peel off as soon as we can touch them with our fingers.
Bake the peppers in the same way, with the mention that they can be baked in a very well heated pan, covered with a lid. They turn successively on all sides, until the shell burns from place to place, turning black. Remove to the bowl and cover, the steam formed helping to detach the skin from the surface of the peppers. Of course, peppers can also be used raw in zacusca. By removing the skin from the surface of the peppers, the zacusca will become a little easier to digest, in addition, the baked peppers will taste better and the preparation will cook faster.
Cooking the dish
2. To cook the eggplant and carrot zacusca recipe, carefully prepare all the ingredients. Carrots are washed well, peeled and grated on a grater. Grate or finely chop the onion. Baked peppers are cleaned of stalks, skin and seeds. Peeled eggplants are peeled, drained of juice and finely chopped with a tool (knife, spoon, etc.) preferably made of wood, plastic or ceramic, because in contact with the metal it could oxidize.
3. In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the onion, crushed garlic and carrots. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and stir a few times. Reduce the heat and cook the onion and carrot under the lid for 10-15 minutes, until the carrots have softened very well.
4. Add the chopped baked peppers and chopped eggplant to the pot, together with the broth and bay leaf. Boil the zacusca over medium to low heat for 15-20 minutes. Stir frequently, insisting on the bottom not to stick. If the eggplant and carrot zacusca is too thick, you can add a little hot water now during cooking. If you use a more liquid broth you will not have this problem.
5. Finally, the eggplant and carrot zacusca is seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Pour while hot into sterilized jars, placed on a metal tray. About how to prepare the jars to preserve food over the winter I wrote more in the recipe for pear compote. Cover the jars and place them in a tray with them in the preheated oven at 150 ° C, for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn off the oven and let the jars cool completely in the oven before storing them in the pantry. Another option would be to place the jars filled with eggplant zacusca and hot carrots in a nest lined with several layers of thick blankets. Wrap them well and let them cool slowly.
Eggplant and carrot zacusca is sweet, with a creamy and pleasant consistency, it also has a beautiful color. I think it can be successfully recorded in the gallery of zacusca recipes that Romanians are so proud of, and rightly so. Zacusca is a product with which we could go anywhere in the world.
I would be curious if you also have a story of your favorite zacusca recipe and if so, maybe you can write it a few times in the comments form! I would also like you to try this eggplant and carrot zacusca recipe, it is sweet and economical, very good in taste. Great appetite!
Check with carrots and nuts
The carrot and walnut cake is one of the easiest carrot cake recipes. Here's how to prepare it.
For this cake you need the following ingredients:
- 5 medium-sized carrots, grated
- 3 eggs
- a cup of sunflower oil
- 10 grams of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated cinnamon
- a cup of brown sugar
- 200 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon grated baking powder
- a few whole walnut kernels
- powdered sugar for decoration.
Line two cake trays with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Take a large bowl and mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Grate the carrots. Then add them over the mixture obtained above, plus the three whole eggs and the cup of oil.
Mix well at second speed for 3-4 minutes. Pour the resulting mixture into the wallpaper cake forms.
Then place a few walnut kernels on top. Bake for 50 minutes. After baking, decorate the cake with powdered sugar.
Ingredients Goggle jam for the winter
- 1-1.2 kilograms of gogonele
- 500-600 grams of green bell pepper (I used 560 grams)
- 200 grams of onions
- 4-5 large cloves of garlic
- 40 grams of ginger (about 4 cm of ginger root)
- 300 ml. white wine or apple cider vinegar with a strength of 9 °
- 300 grams of caster sugar
- 60 grams of salt
- 6 tablespoons (or to taste) TABASCO ® green pepper sauce
Preparation Goggle jam for the winter
1. First, wash the gogons well and clean the tails. Then cut it in half and, with a knife, remove the wood next to the tail.
2. Then chop the gogonelles finely, in cubes smaller than 1 cm. Collect them all in a large saucepan.
3. Cut the bell peppers, wash, drain and cut in half. Peel a squash, grate it and chop it in the same way.
4. Chop the onion, crush the garlic and grate / finely chop the ginger. Put them all in the same pan with the gogonele and the bell pepper.
6. Add the vinegar to the pan, then the salt and sugar.
7. Put the pan on medium heat and stir a few times. As soon as the gogonele jam starts to boil, a lot of liquid will form in the pan, in which the chopped vegetables will float. Reduce heat to low and continue to boil the gogonele jam, stirring occasionally.
8. The gogonele jam is ready after about an hour and a half, when it has dropped and the liquid has the consistency of a syrup. Be careful, in this last phase of cooking it is possible to catch the bottom, so it must be closely monitored, stirring insistently on the bottom of the pan.
9. Turn off the heat and add TABASCO ® green pepper sauce to taste. I put almost half a bottle because this type of Tabasco is not very spicy, rather fragrant, but everyone can put more or less, depending on how accentuated it wants to be the spicy note of the sweetness of the gogonele.
Winter gogonele jam & # 8211 bottling
10. As for any other can, very clean and sterilized jars and lids will be used to bottle this jam jam, this hygiene of the way of working being what ensures the perfect preservation of the product.
Turn on the oven and set it at 150 degrees Celsius. Wash very well with warm water and dishwashing detergent, their jars and lids, rinsing well in a few waters. Be careful, there is nothing wrong with reusing some older lids, and I do this, but it is essential that they are not deformed or rusty, in which case they will not be able to seal the compote jar and its deterioration is safe! Put the lids and clean jars on the oven tray, with a distance between them, and put them in the oven for at least 15 minutes, during which time they will dry and sterilize. Alternatively, the lids can be placed in a bowl in which boiling water is poured over them, scalding them.
11. Pour the hot gogonele jam into the prepared jars as shown in point 10. From the amount of ingredients on the list above, I got 4 jars of 375 ml.
12. Immediately, I screwed up the lids and turned the jars upside down. After 5 minutes, I turned them back and wrapped them in a few thick layers of textiles, like in a nest. I let them cool slowly. After cooling, make sure that the jars are well sealed, ie that we cannot press on the slightly convex part of the lid with a slight noise. If we can "crack" a lid, the contents of that jar must be consumed as soon as possible. Mine sealed perfectly, that's why two of them were consumed immediately :)).
And just like that, for inspiration, to see what I did with this gogonele jam, here it is:
Currants well cleaned of leafy tails are washed well in some water and drain well, leaving them in a sieve.
We have to wash them well because they remain impure among the motions that are usually not removed, it would be a titanic job to do that too.
After making sure they are drained well, put them in a bowl and sprinkle the vanilla sugar over them.
We leave them like this until we prepare the syrup.
In a bowl with double walls, put the sugar and water and put the bowl on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Add a little lemon juice so that the sugar does not crystallize on the walls of the bowl.
Let the syrup boil until we obtain a thick and non-cursive consistency, when we make the sample, putting a teaspoon of syrup in a plate and letting it cool.
Then we add the currants, mix lightly and let them leave their aroma, but we do not boil them too much, because we risk diluting the syrup very much, if the fruits will lose all their juice due to the long heat treatment.
But don't forget to try it along the way, putting a little jam in the plate and letting it cool to see if the syrup is well bound.
If foam forms, we take care to remove it.
Meanwhile, sterilize the well-washed jars in the hot oven and immediately fill them with hot jam.
We screw the lids on, wipe the jars well on the outside and put them in the hot oven, leaving them there until they cool, then transfer them to the pantry.
It came out very fragrant, but slightly cursive, compared to other jams, but it is quite related.
Stew of gogonele for the winter
The gogonele stew is much easier to prepare than zacusca or vegetable stew. Thus, in the cold season, you can use this special dish either on your own or with a steak.
- 500g gogonele
- 1kg donuts
- 500g carrots
- 250g onion
- 150 ml oil
- 20g sugar
- salt, pepper, mustard
For starters, we will clean the vegetables very well and prepare them. Grate the carrots, cut the onion into scales, and chop the gogonele and pepper according to the desired consistency. If you want it to have a zacusca consistency, chop the vegetables smaller.
Use a saucepan of a good, double-bottomed material and add the oil. Put the onion to harden and stir until softened. Now it's time to add the sugar, a teaspoon of salt and two tablespoons of vinegar.
After mixing, we can add the rest of the vegetables, ie carrots, peppers and gogonele. The mixture should boil well, waiting for the liquid to drop and the vegetables to be soft. Stir constantly and add a few peppercorns to taste.
The stew is ready! We put it in clean jars, seal them with new lids or without imperfections and leave it to cool, covering the jars with a blanket. After the stew has cooled at will, we store it in a cool and shady space.
Carrot and ginger cake with currant sauce
Try this carrot cake, because you can't miss a dessert like that. I added cocoa and ginger to the composition to complete the taste, and after I put it in the oven I quickly prepared a creamy currant sauce. After the cake cooled, I served it sliced next to the sweet dip. A gift!
Carrot zacusca & # 8211 a new recipe, a bomb full of vitamins, which you have never tried before!
We present you a delicious zacusca with carrots and tomatoes. It can be prepared both for the cold period of the year and for current consumption. It combines perfectly with meat, fish, rice and others. It is a zacusca that is very easy to prepare, from just two basic ingredients and spices. Get a real bomb of taste, flavor, color and vitamins.
& # 8211 0.5 teaspoon ground black pepper
Method of preparation
1. Wash the tomatoes and make a puree from them, using the food processor.
2. Peel the carrots and cut them into pieces.
3. Chop the carrots using the food processor.
4. Pour the mashed tomatoes and chopped carrots into a saucepan. Add salt, sugar and oil. Boil the mixture over medium heat for 1.5 hours (cover the pan with a lid).
5. Finely chop or crush the garlic.
6. Add the garlic and ground black pepper to the pan. Stir. In 10 minutes pour the vinegar and mix. After another 5 minutes, take the pan off the heat and pour the hot zacusca into sterilized jars. If desired, let it cool and serve with your favorite garnish.
Carrot jam. Every housewife should try it!
To prepare carrot jam, you need the following ingredients:
1 kg of carrots
1 kg of sugar
2- 4 lamai
2 cups water
grated lemon peel
How is it prepared?
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Peel a squash, grate it and slice it.
In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar well in water, add 3 peeled lemons and cut into cubes (without seeds) and simmer for about 30 minutes, until a syrup is formed.
When the sugar syrup has bound, add the diced carrots and grated lemon peel and continue cooking until the carrots are well cooked and the syrup is well bound (about 60 minutes).
When the carrot jam is ready, add the juice from a lemon, bring a few more boils and remove the bowl from the heat. Put the carrot jam hot in the jars and close the jars well with lids.
"Therapeutic" jam from MORCOV, lemon and ginger - recipe
This aromatic and brightly colored jam acts as a real health tonic. Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A (beta-carotene), vitamin C, calcium and iron. They also contain fiber, vitamin E, vitamin K, folic acid, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc and manganese.
Carrot Jam Recipe
• 1.5 kg of carrots
• 2 lemons
• 1 kg of brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon of grated ginger
• optional: 1 small orange, vanilla essence
Rub the carrots well with a toothbrush, wash and cut into cubes. If you want a finer jam, put the carrots on the grater.
Put the carrot pieces to boil in a saucepan with water (with 2 fingers on top of the vegetables). Let it boil for half an hour, or until the water reaches the level of the carrots, and they have softened well.
Drain the water through a sieve into another saucepan, leaving the carrots in the bowl. Add the sugar, finely chopped citrus fruits (without seeds) and grated ginger to the water. Put the pot on the fire and let it boil until the sugar melts and the liquid binds like a syrup.
Add the syrup obtained over the carrot in the pan and put the pot back on the fire. Let it boil for another 5 minutes. Add a few drops of vanilla essence. The obtained jam is poured into jars.
Another option is to put the carrot on the grater or chop it finely in a blender, and then put it in a pot with the sugar. Cover with water and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the water drops.
Then add the lemons (or lemon juice) and ginger. Let it boil until all the liquid is reduced, and the vegetables soften and become like a thick paste. Finally add the vanilla.
This jam can be consumed as such, diluted with water or tea.
Studies have shown that a diet rich in fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants helps reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Carrots help fight cancer due to the carotenoids they contain, especially beta-carotene. Antioxidants have the power to reduce the negative effects of free radicals in the body.
Research has shown that smokers who eat at least 2 servings of carrots a week have a lower risk of lung cancer.
Consumption of foods rich in beta-carotene has also been associated with a lower incidence of colon cancer in the Japanese population.
A recent study showed that carrot juice helps kill leukemia cells and inhibits their progression.
Beta-carotene-rich diets have a protective role against prostate cancer.
Carrot consumption is important for preventing or treating visual impairments in people who lack vitamin A.
Antioxidants and other phytochemical compounds in carrots can help regulate blood sugar levels, improve immune function and delay the effects of aging.
* The advice and any health information available on this site are for informational purposes, do not replace the doctor's recommendation. If you suffer from chronic diseases or follow medication, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting a cure or natural treatment to avoid interaction. By postponing or interrupting classic medical treatments you can endanger your health.