Creamy Bean Soup with Fresh Herbs and Spinach Recipe
- 3 tablespoons (or more) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 2 15- to 16-ounce cans white beans, drained
- 2 15- to 16-ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 6-ounce package baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are golden, about 15 minutes. Add rosemary and stir 1 minute. Add all broth and beans. Bring soup to boil; reduce to medium-low and simmer until flavors blend, about 10 minutes.
Working in batches, transfer soup to blender and puree until smooth; return to pot. Mix in spinach and sage; stir until spinach wilts, about 1 minute. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle each with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, if desired.