Corn and Zucchini Salad with Feta
Delicate squash blossoms are a farmers' market treasure. Look for flowers with perky, intact petals and a generous length of stem still attached.
- 4 small zucchini (about 1½ lb.), thinly sliced lengthwise on a mandoline
- 8–10 zucchini blossoms, torn into large pieces (optional)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
Cook corn in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright yellow and tender, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate and let cool.
Cut kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl. Add zucchini, zucchini blossoms, if desired, basil, parsley, oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with feta.
DO AHEAD: Corn can be cooked 1 day ahead. Cut kernels from cobs; cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.