Citrus–Prickly Pear Elixir
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This delivers a concentrated shot of vitamin C (from the citrus) and antioxidants (from the prickly pear).
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, flesh very coarsely chopped
- 1 blood orange or navel orange, peeled, flesh very coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, peeled, flesh very coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, peeled, flesh very coarsely chopped
- 2 prickly pears, cut into 1½” pieces
- 1 Fresno chile (optional)
- 1 2" piece unpeeled ginger, chopped
- ½ cup chopped unpeeled turmeric (from about 2 ounces whole)
Pass citrus, prickly pears, mint, Fresno chile (if desired), ginger, and turmeric through a juicer. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, if desired, into a pint jar or large glass. Chase with a full glass of water.