Best Aloo Matar Rasedaar Recipes
Aloo Matar Rasedaar Shopping Tips
Indian food is loaded with many herbs and spices. Make sure you have a stocked spice cabinet and a big appetite.
Aloo Matar Rasedaar Cooking Tips
As delicious as Indian food is, the smells are strong and they linger. Make sure to have your stove vents running and a window open if you don't want your furniture to smell like spices for a week.
Riesling, gewürztraminer, muscat, or torrontés with curries and other sauced dishes; cabernet sauvignon, cabernet franc, malbec. zinfandel, or primitivo with tandoori or other roasted meats and poultry.
Peas & Potatoes Curry (Aloo Matar)
Heat the oil, add onions and fry until they are golden. Add the garlic paste, fry for a couple of seconds then add the tomato paste. Sprinkle the turmeric, cumin and coriander powders, and 1 of the chopped chilies. Cook for a minute on low heat, then add the pureed tomatoes and cook until all the excess moisture evaporates and the tomatoes are cooked.
Add the cubed potatoes and peas into the mixture, stir it in and sprinkle some salt. Then add about half cup water (or more depending on how much gravy you need). Simmer on low heat until the potatoes are tender and peas are cooked through.
Adjust salt and add the remaining chopped green chilli, garam masala and chopped coriander.
hope u r fine. just wana to know in ur Peas & Potatoes Curry (Aloo Matar) recipe u said (2 tomatoes, blended or puree ,1 tbsp. tomato paste )
what is mean by tomato paste. if i am already using 2 tomatoes then what is mean by tomato paste.Plz let me know.
so many of ur recipe you used tomato paste.which i dont understand.help me.
thank u so much.
W/Salaam, paste is the concentrated tomato that comes in cans or jars, sold in supermarkets or groceries and used in cooking. It adds a lot of thickness, colour and rich flavour to the foods.
Ingredients of Aloo Rasedaar
- 500 gms potatoes (peeled), boiled
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)-roasted and coarsely pounded
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds-roasted and coarsely pounded
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves to garnish, chopped
Aloo Matar Rasedaar
5 tablespoons ghee
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 whole cloves
2 bay leaves
1 cinnamon stick (1-inch size)
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon coriander
2 tomatoes, quartered
salt, to taste
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1/2 cup green peas
1 1/4 cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 ½ teaspoons garam masala
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir in the onions, ginger garlic paste, and bay leaf. Cook until the onions are tender. Mix in the potatoes and peas. Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
Stir the tomato puree, garam masala, paprika, sugar, and salt into the vegetable mixture. Continue cooking about 10 minutes. Mix in the cilantro and continue cooking about 2 minutes.
How to make the best Aloo Matar:
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add potatoes and cook them for 3 to 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile coarsely crush the seeds in a grinder or mortar and pestle and chop the onion, garlic, ginger, chili by knife or using a food processor.
Transfer the potatoes to a bowl.
Heat a tsp of oil over medium heat. Add the crushed seeds and cook for half a minute. Now, add in the onion, garlic, ginger, chilies and cook for 3 mins or until translucent.
Mix in the ground spices and stir in the tomato puree. Let everything cook for 3-4 mins to thicken it some more.
Add the potatoes, salt and water, and cover and cook for 15 mins.
Check for seasoning (add salt, if needed) and add more water if it has gotten too thick.
Add the peas and half the cilantro and cover and cook until potatoes are fork-tender. Garnish your vegan Aloo Matar with more chopped cilantro and crushed pepper flakes.
Aloo Matar Rasedaar
2 cups potatoes-boiled and cubed
2 cups shelled-green peas
3-4 green chillies-slit a little
For the gravy
250 gm chopped onions-ground with garlic & ginger
1 tsp peeled cloves of garlic
1 tsp chopped ginger
125 gm tomato, grated OR 1/4 cup puree
1/4 cup oil
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp powdered red pepper
1 tbsp powdered coriander seeds
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add the onion paste and saute till fat separates.
- Add the tomatoes or puree, turmeric, salt, garam masala, red pepper and the coriander powder, and stir-fry till fat separates.
- Add the peas, potatoes and the green chillies and saute over high heat till the vegetables look glossy.
- Add 2 cups of water bring to a boil and simmer, for 10-15 minutes.Serve hot, garnished with the coriander leaves.
Pepper Corn Meat
A HR professional with 12 years of experience, I left my career to focus on family life. Now a mother to a 5 yr old son, I have rediscovered my passion in cooking and experimenting with delicious foods.
How to make Aloo Mutter or Aloo Matar with step by step photos?
1. First, cut the potatoes into dice. Also, cut the tomatoes into separate containers. (After cutting the potatoes, rinse thoroughly with water. Wash them thoroughly before slicing the tomatoes.)
2. In a mixer grinder, paste the chopped onion (optional), chili, ginger well, and place in a bowl.
3. If you want to add cashew nuts paste then do it too as you may not get time to do it later.
4. Put a pan on the gas and heat the oil in it.
5. Then add bay leaves, black pepper, cardamom, cumin seeds, and cloves and fry for a few seconds. This will leave a nice aroma of spices that will help make your recipe more delicious.
6. Add Potatoes and fry until they become half boiled. There after put them out.
7. Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute a little. You can use 1 pinch of salt to expedite the process. Keep the flame on medium heat.
8. Now add the onion, ginger, and green chili paste and stir well.
9. Then add all the powdered spices like cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, and a little hot spice powder. Now stir the mixture well.
10. When you see that the mixture has started to release the oil, you will realize that it has been sauteing perfectly. Then add the green peas.
11. Then add the fried potatoes and mix well. (You can add chopped coriander leaves if desired.)
12. Add 1 tablespoon tomato sauce and mix well. This time, add some sugar to taste.
13. Now add water to make the gravy.
14. Saute for few minutes then check if the potatoes are boiled properly, then add garam masala powder (hot spice powder), stir gently, and turn off the gas. Your delicious homemade Aloo Matar recipe is ready to serve.
Looking for the Cook'n Android app?
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing.
How To Make Easy & Tasty Aloo Matar Pulao Pakistani Food Recipe Step By Step Instructions:
- Cooking Oil 1 cup
- Sliced Onion 1 large
- Bay Leaves 3 to 4
- Cloves 6 to 8
- Black Pepper 6 to 8
- Cardamom 1 large
- Cinnamon stick 1 inch
- Garlic Cloves 6 to 8
- Green Chilies paste 3 tbsp
- Sliced Tomatoes 5 to 6
- Peas (Matar) 1 cup
- Potatoes (Aloo) 4 to 5
- Basmati Rice 3 cups (soak in water for 2 hours before cooking)
- Salt to taste
- Red Chili Powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Chicken stock or Chicken Cube (1 cube to use)
- Coriander Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Flakes 1/2 tsp
- Chinese Salt 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp (sprinkle at the end)
- Green Coriander leaves 1/2 cup
- Water 5 cups (as required)
- Pulao Masala Powder 2 tbsp (if you have available)
Procedure Of Cooking:
- Heat the cooking oil in large size the pot
- Then add sliced onion and saute for a minute on high flame
- Add ground spices like cardamom, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, black pepper, and cloves
- Mix it and cook until the onion comes to golden brown color
- And then add tomatoes and garlic cloves and mix well
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes
- When tomatoes get tender then mash it
- Now add spices like salt, red chili powder, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chili flakes, chicken cube, Chinese salt, turmeric powder, green chili paste, and cook for few minutes
- When the oil comes to separate then add peas and potatoes (Matar & Aloo)
- Cook in the Masala on the medium flame
- Now add water and bring to boil it
- Turn medium flame and cover & cook for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, add Basmati Rice and mix well
- Cook it and evaporate the water
- When water is absorbed then sprinkle Garma masala powder, coriander leaves Chinese salt, Sliced one tomato, Chopped green chilies 4 to 5, and cover it
- Cook for 10 minutes on the low flame
- After 10 minutes, Mix the Pulao and serve with green yogurt Raita and vegetable salad.
Copyright © 2021 Pavanis Kitchen
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.